Recruiting Rants (152)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Damn it, Janet. Why do we reward bad behavior?

It doesn't happen very often.  This is the second blatant case I have seen in over 5 years, and maybe twice in the previous 9.  I talked to…

Started by lisa rokusek

7 Jan 10, 2013
Reply by lisa rokusek

Tell your candidates to Always Be Learning

When you prep your candidates to go on interviews, leave them with one last piece of advice.  If they are constantly improving their skill…

Started by Chris Russell

0 Nov 29, 2012

Cient 'Stealing' Resumes

Has anyone every encountered a corporate hiring authority passing on your candidate only to put them in their ATS system and contact that c…

Started by Robert Krzak

28 Nov 2, 2012
Reply by Mike Avillion

Just Tell me the FEE!!!!!

I am venting right now. I am thinking about working with a 3rd party agency on a position that has been very difficult to fill. I reached o…

Started by Tiffany Branch

17 Nov 1, 2012
Reply by Raphael Fang

Candidate Responses

I just had to share with the group - I thought I had heard every response. I reached out to a candidate via LinkedIn - judging by his job t…

Started by Lisa A, Doorly

5 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Lisa A, Doorly

The salary requirments game

Oftentimes, I ask candidates up front what salary range are they targeting in their next opportunity. Some don't hesitate to answer but man…

Started by Tiffany Branch

8 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Sandra McCartt

Poll - What do You Find More Annoying? (Random Job Reachout or Misplaced Applicant)

Afternoon/Evening Fellow RBC'ers: As I worked through applicants for a few positions two of my favorites popped up, as they do with every…

Started by Kyle Schafroth

17 Apr 27, 2012
Reply by Amy Ala Miller

Question of the Day: Have tools like BranchOut and BeKnown helped you at your desk?

These two RecruitingTools have seen some great growth in usage.  Our question is, do you use them?  And if you do, what are your thoughts/f…

Started by Noel Cocca

2 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Maisha Cannon

Independent Recruiters in Europe

I'm looking to connect with other independent recruiters in Europe to have a virtual coffee hour once a week and share war stories / team s…

Started by CJ Walker

1 Jan 24, 2012
Reply by Rudolph Stewart

Does anyone care about our Yoouth

It’s almost part of my daily routine – wake up, have breakfast, watch the news, read the paper, check the latest unemployment figures. The…

Started by Andrew Boyle

1 Jan 8, 2012
Reply by Valentino Martinez

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service