Recruiting Rants (152)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

RESUMES: are you willing to ACCEPT or do you REJECT a HOT MESS?

Should a resume with inarticulate or incoherent content, misspellings, grammatical gaffes, poor punctuation, typos or funky format be rejec…

Started by Kelly Blokdijk

4 May 21, 2014
Reply by Chadd Balbi

Start-up Hires and Age Discrimination

Have you ever noticed how few people over 30 or so get hired at early-stage startups, and while age discrimination is sometimes discussed,…

Started by Keith Halperin

0 May 19, 2014

Me wants headhunter

The title is "caveman / cavewoman" speak for one of the most common questions / requests I get from people looking for a new job.  Here's h…

8 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Keith D. Halperin

Taboo

A taboo is a strong social prohibition (or ban) against words, objects, actions, discussions, or people that are considered undesirable by…

Started by Maureen Sharib

12 Feb 20, 2014

Please tell me why (again) I'm supposed to give you all my contacts on LinkedIn......

For the life of me I just don't get it! I've built solid relationships from the ground up and now you want to see them all? And I don't eve…

Started by Jerry Albright

43 Feb 20, 2014

Back-Door Reference Checks...

As an Independent Recruiter trying to build a solid reputation among clients, fellow recruiters and candidates, it can be rather dishearten…

Started by Rayanne

11 Feb 20, 2014

How about some banter about HR bashing?

It's certainly not the first time these topics have been written about, but what do you think of this author's stand on HR being to blame f…

12 Aug 20, 2013
Reply by Kelly Blokdijk

How would you find your "dream" candidate when hiring a recruiter?

We see (and some of us write, rant, vent) plenty of articles bashing all that is wrong with recruiting and HR. I've been giving this some t…

4 Aug 16, 2013
Reply by Kelly Blokdijk

Problems with PeopleClick

Anyone have any words of "advice" or life experiences to share with using PeopleClick? Having a boat load of technical problems.

Started by Shirley Schafer

4 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Vinay Johar - RChilli

Approvals for Resumes B4 Sendouts to Clients

A small agency that I know of, has acquired a new Director of Staffing/Recruiting and has had everything negative to say since since her fi…

Started by Jai Turner

1 Feb 2, 2013
Reply by Tim Spagnola

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service