Your Recruiting Horror Story Contest (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Halloween Interview Horror Story

This actually happened on Halloween Day when I was a recruiter for a large corporation.  I had a full day of back to back interviews schedu…

Started by Terry Cobb

2 Nov 11, 2011
Reply by Terry Cobb

We need to talk about Jane

With many years in the trenches of recruiting I've a few horror stories, but this one I've never forgotten.. Back in the day... I had a T…

Started by Hassanah Rudd

1 Nov 10, 2011
Reply by Ellen Cheong

Don't Assume...

The horror of realizing that not everyone, even a well-educated CEO, knows the legal questions they can and cannot ask an applicant is a tr…

Started by Nancy Saperstone

0 Nov 10, 2011

It ain't over until it's truly over.....

This was a couple of years back. Searched and successfully placed a presales consultant with hard to find technical skills. This was for an…

Started by Ritu Chaudhari

3 Nov 8, 2011
Reply by Ritu Chaudhari

What you see may not be what you get.

Position:  Sr. Project Manager for a software develpment firm. Location and company the hotbed of conservative republicans. Identified a ca…

Started by Sandra McCartt

21 Nov 7, 2011
Reply by Sandra McCartt

The "Trick-or-Treater"

A few months ago I head-hunted a Sr Engineering Manager for a client. He was invited for his first interview and all went well. A few days…

Started by Stephanie

6 Nov 7, 2011
Reply by Ellen Cheong

The Longest Deal

“At that time I realized that after 20 years as a recruiter, this was the worst deal of my career; one in which everyone involved came out…

Started by Ken Forrester

0 Nov 5, 2011

Contest Rules / Terms & Conditions

Welcome to our first community contest - share your recruiting horror story for a chance to win an iPad2.   Your story will be judged on a…

Started by Tim Spagnola

0 Nov 5, 2011
Reply by Ken Forrester

My darkest recruiting hour....

It’s quite a few years since I worked a desk as a recruiter. But I did, for many years. This was in London in the early 1980s, and the mark…

Started by Greg Savage

2 Nov 4, 2011
Reply by Greg Savage

Fired from my own company!

For many reasons, I am going to change the real names of companies involved. :-) I started a recruitment company "X" in 2006, I was young ,…

Started by Samantha-Leigh Harper

0 Oct 31, 2011

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service