Paul S. Gumbinner's Discussions (32)

Discussions Replied To (30) Replies Latest Activity

"Providing references is part of the job hunting process.  A candidate who wants a jo…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied Feb 6, 2012 to Question of the day: How do you manage a candidate who is currently employed but reluctant to give references?

10 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by Darryl Dioso

"Right on Sandra!  I was thinking of how to write what you wrote.  If I like a candid…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied Feb 2, 2012 to Question of the day: How do you handle the candidate who doesn't stop talking?

34 Feb 6, 2012
Reply by Cora Mae Lengeman

"I learned a long time ago that constant talking was a form of control.  It is partic…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied Feb 1, 2012 to Question of the day: How do you handle the candidate who doesn't stop talking?

34 Feb 6, 2012

"I find inconsistencies in dates all the time.  And because I am a single industry re…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied Dec 22, 2011 to Question of the day: Have you ever caught a candidate lying on their resume?

16 Dec 27, 2011
Reply by Ravi

"I once had an ad agency client (HR Director) who was going on vacation and asked me…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied Dec 15, 2011 to Question of the day is: What is the most creative thing you have done to get a sendout?

5 Dec 15, 2011

"I do what you do.  Since 95% of my interviews are in person, I look them straight in…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied Dec 1, 2011 to How do you handle candidates who refuse to disclose their compensation information?

19 Dec 3, 2011
Reply by lisa rokusek

"Pam: i agree that proceeding with caution is the right thing.  I previously responde…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied Aug 24, 2011 to My client is now my candidate?

22 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by Jeremy Spring

"Clients do strange things, probably because few really understand how recruiters wor…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied Aug 23, 2011 to My client is now my candidate?

22 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by Jeremy Spring

"I wasn't clear enough in my previous answer.  When I get a negative reference on a c…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied May 9, 2011 to Backdoor "References"

19 May 11, 2011
Reply by Chaser

"Unfortunately, this happens all too often.  Having the candidate send a letter is ra…"

Paul S. Gumbinner replied May 9, 2011 to Backdoor "References"

19 May 11, 2011
Reply by Chaser

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service