Every day it seems I get a flood of invites in my email box inviting me to join social networks. A lot of them I haven't even heard of but you probably have seen the invites as well:

ecademy,Doostang, Marzar, , Plaxo Pulse, Xing, Spock, Wayn, GoBig etc.

ARe any of you members of these groups? Are any of them useful or is it diluting the value of social networks?

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was invited to all the above too and chose just two - LinkedIN and Plaxo....I guess now RecruitingBlogs too!
I have a Xing account... which I need to update. For international tech recruiting it is great for locating Germans.
Plaxo: Yes but have not found much use for it.
Doostang: Tried it a year and a half ago... looked to be good for finding Ivy League finance guys, but most ppl I found were also on LinkedIn.

I actively use recruitingingblogs, LinkedIn, and Facebook (thought this one is purely for social) recently opened a myspace account but have done nothing with it and have no friends.

Steve
Heck no.....I can use another 500 more invite requests a day to join another social network or networking tool

I have nothing better to do with my time :-)
i have been invited to more sites than i can imagine. the truth is with web 2.0 everyone with every type of interest can have a social networking group. since it is all user generated content, it is really excited. those that don't find an audience will go by the wayside.

you can be selective or you can join everyone, it really doesn't matter. if you don't use it no big deal, it won't be around too much longer anyway.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service