I got into a debate with some friends the other day and we really struggled with who is or was the greatest rock guitartist? Some said Jimi Hendrix, others said Duane Allman. Jimmy Page, Santana, Eddie Van Halen...who is the best of all time? This needs to be resolved. Thanks for your input.

Views: 800

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

E. Clapton
J. Hendrix
S.R Vaughn
J. Page
D. Gilmour
Satriani
Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead.
Stevie Ray Vaughn.

End of discussion.

I saw his last concert before his untimely demise.
I love Eric Clapton. How about Jerry Garcia?
Sheila Greco
Hendrix is the MAN!! I am trying to reach Chris LaVoie. We have not met but I was referred to him by an old friend and professional associate from my Morgan Samuels days. I am the CEO of Gentile Associates, financial services recruiters, and would like to speak with Chris. If he is on this blog and anyone knows him could they pass on this request. I can be reached at (973) 414-9411 direct dial; or (973) 610-4562 Cell.

Thank you,

TG
Great thread here, I've been playing since 1975, seen alot great classic perfomances since I was kid as I was lucky enough to have a cool dad to take me to shows, so I got see them all back in the late 60's.
I'd have to say Hendrix for the 60's / Jimmy Page - 70's / SRV - 80's / Satch / Vai - 90's - Modern day rock guitarist.

Gotta say Hendrix is still the champion - some have close but what he did over 40 years ago with what he had to work with still blows the mind. But what about the amazing acoustic guitarist of the last century - like Andrés Segovia ?

Mike,
Check this out - according to Rolling Stone - Hendrix tops the charts
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_gui...
Gotta say it again -- Hendrix is the MAN!!!!! Has never been nor will there ever be anyone quite like him and his guitar.
Joe Satriani or Ingvey Malmstein anyone??
It has to be (1) Jimi Hendrix followed by (2) Duane Allman of the Allman Brothers Band (3) Jeff Beck
Rolling Stones top 100--- http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_gui...
Thomas,
Chris LaVoie responded to this question on 1/16.
DJ
Chris,
Call Thomas:
I am trying to reach Chris LaVoie. We have not met but I was referred to him by an old friend and professional associate from my Morgan Samuels days. I am the CEO of Gentile Associates, financial services recruiters, and would like to speak with Chris. If he is on this blog and anyone knows him could they pass on this request. I can be reached at (973) 414-9411 direct dial; or (973) 610-4562 Cell.
DJ

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service