MagicMethod Phone Sourcing Classroom Chat Log Thursday, May 1, 2008

The MagicMethod Classroom Chat on Thursday, May 1 went further into Gatekeeper issues and the subject “Attitude and Stance” of Telephone Sourcing. There was excellent class participation.

MagicMethod Classroom Chat Best Remark of the Day
“Yes, my mother had more names that Satan.” ~ Tim Todd
MagicMethod Classroom Chat
Thursday May 1, 2008 Noon – 1p.m. (EST)

Recruiting Animal
If you call into a small company in which there is only one receptionist and you don't get the names you need, when you call back do you only do it at lunch so you avoid the gatekeeper.
Maureen Sharib
NO I offered that to you in the event you were having trouble. When I call into a company I do it with the intention of getting her to cooperate w/ me from the GET-GO. It does not matter if it's small or large, I befriend her from the start. And when I "call back" repeatedly, sometimes it becomes laughable and the two of us do exactly that - we laugh at my "frustration"!
Recruiting Animal
She didn’t want to give you any info the first time so she doesn't care if you want to act like her friend the second.
Denise Gabbard
Maureen-- you are so right about befriending people from the start. I've heard recruiters (with lots of experience) be evil to gatekeepers, and then they don't understand why they can't get the info they want.
Maureen Sharib
What are you talking about Animal? You're assuming SHE DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION!

To read the whole chat log, go here.

Views: 12

Reply to This

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service