My vote is for salesmanship...

Anyone else.

Views: 337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have to be likeable. If people think you're a jerk you won't make it.
I would have to say that they need to have exceptional customer service skills and a professional
demeanor.

Sally
Salesmanship, discipline, resilience, and living by a moral code.
LISTENING
...with a big dose of curiosity, and a superior ability to connect the dots.
How to know the difference between a true or false objection.
Customer service excellence, and knowledge of the industry. Alot of networking and willingness to learn new products and technology to help the ease the seeking the best and talented in the industry.
Need to be able to have it in you to become more motivated every time you hear the word no
As a recruiter it is very important to know the need of the candidate. If you can point out the actual need and want of the person, you can easily get them. We always need to remember that we are here to sale the Skillset and for service towards mankind. Its also Important to know your consultant not by personally but by their skillsets. If the consultant get a factor called "believe" on you then you can approach the best strategic. You can even guide them for their betterment and productiveness for the client...
Relationship and rapport building. Whether a Recruiter is 3rd party or corporate, the ability to connect with both candidates and internal customers is HUGE. Every other too/skill in a Recruiter's toolbox is nullified by an individual's lack of relationship building skills. As a 3rd party recruiter, it maintains and develops greater business, as a corporate recruiter it aids in having difficult hiring managers and candidates understand your perspective. I have seen many talented recruiters fall by the wayside due to strong technical abilities, but did not know how to build relationships with people and never move the search to a successful close.
Strong desire to help people succeed and being able to convey this with everyone you come in contact with.
Some great answers and all are correct, however I think it boils down to your ability to build and maintain relationships along with a strong work ethic tempered by rock solid values. Salesmanship is part of relationship building but I've found that Big Biller's have a strong sense of self and a code of consistency and values that carries them over the bumps in the road. Adding things like intelligence, tenacity, a sense of urgency are also part of the equation not the leas of which is your attitude. I've found that good recruiting for top tier performers is more of a life style than a job.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service