SixDegrees: MEGA Linkedin Networking Industry Day - 21,000 Thank you

By Dave Mendoza, Master Cybersleuth, Affiliate Partner, JobMachine Inc./ Partner, RecruitingBlogs.com

I'm back from speaking engagements in Europe and jet lagged but I have stories to tell my friends .... alas until then, I am compelled to impart sharing the contacts I have made on my journeys to make each of the special moments shared with these peers outlast the original positive impressions made.

I am grateful for each opportunity to travel and meet peers who are always so willing to share, to make demonstrate the uniqueness of our industry's best practices on a global scale. I appreciate the complexity, the nuances of culture - but the passion of what we do for our industry is the common thread.

To all the friends made last year, I thank you for bringing me into your world, and sharing your personal and professional experiences to be stored in reflection and with heart felt sentiment for the memories our meetings continue to evoke. To all those who have participated in the SixDegrees Invite networking engagements over the last year - Your friendships enrich me daily and hence, I continue to give back to those who give so much to our industry:

** Be sure to mention my name as the source of referral in each Linkedin invite you send please.

TOP TENS PAST & PRESENT

***THE NEW***

Yves Loiseau, yves.loiseau@job-angels.com
Lisa Hovagimyan, lisa@techrecruiter.net
Alma Hadzidedic, pembroke@gmail.com
Nancy Ford, nancyf@creativenetworkinc.com
Heather Flynn, heatherf@waggeneredstrom.com
Jodi Moore, jodim@waggeneredstrom.com
Michael Gilmer, michael.gilmer@xerox.com
Kim Ogles, kim.ogles@flextronics.com
Anne McDonald, anne@mcdonaldplacement.com
Chawn Peterson, chawn@tristarsearch.com
Peter Paskill, peter.careermakers@hranswers.com
Lance Haun, lhaun@coheli.com
Janis Williams, jwilliams@kleinfelder.com
Elizabeth Lauer, lauerel@kellyservices.com
Andrew Brown, abrown@mainzbradygroup.com
Lori Rush, lorir@momentum-management.com
Deena Pierott, deena@mosaicblueprint.com
Michael Wood, woodmi@ohsu.edu
Kristi Ross, kristi.ross@pnl.gov
Rob Dromgoole, robert.dromgoole@pnl.gov
Lisa Weiglin, lisa.h.weiglin@tektronix.com
Amanda Halbirt, ahalbirt@triadtechnology.com
Ellen Raim, raimell@verizon.net
Andrew Edmundson, andrew_edmundson@kellyservices.com

LAST WEEK's LIST & MORE

Petra Wijnholds, p.wijnholds@independentrecruiters.nl
David Monreal, dmonreal@lavanguardia.es
Petra Wijnholds, p.wijnholds@independentrecruiters.nl
Chris Stapper, chrisdjstapper@gmail.com
Jan Ootes, jan@labpsjobs.nl
Miguel Swaen, m.swaen@bjork-group.com
Olfertjan Niemeijer, o.niemeijer@independentrecruiters.nl
Rutger van Drongelen, rutger@jopportunity.nl
Ton Rodenburg, T.Rodenburg@ara.nl
Joris Brussen, j.brussen@strictlypeople.nl
Wilbert van Beek, wilbert.van.beek@it-profile.nl
Juli Boned Gilabert, juli.boned@upc.edu
Ernst Jan Berger, eb@inrec.nl
Willem Bouwmeester, willem.bouwmeester@high-tech-people.nl
Christel Mantel, info@wijzerwerken.nl
Melanie Clement, melanie.clement@sdworx.com
Niels Jordens, Niels@careersinholland.com
Tineke Kamerling-de Jong, tineke.kamerling@elementshr.nl
Sijanka Lievaart, sijanka@kdjobcompany.nl
Olfertjan Niemeijer, on@inrec.nl
Marjolein Ohlenbusch, marjolein.ohlenbusch@bapas.nl
Celeste Oor, celeste.oor@skf.com
Jeoffrey de Rue, jeoffrey@gopersoneelsdiensten.nl

Janis Williams, jwilliams@kleinfelder.com
Elizabeth Lauer, lauerel@kellyservices.com
Andrew Brown, abrown@mainzbradygroup.com
Lori Rush, lorir@momentum-management.com
Deena Pierott, deena@mosaicblueprint.com
Michael Wood, woodmi@ohsu.edu
Kristi Ross, kristi.ross@pnl.gov
Rob Dromgoole, robert.dromgoole@pnl.gov
Lisa Weiglin, lisa.h.weiglin@tektronix.com
Amanda Halbirt, ahalbirt@triadtechnology.com
Ellen Raim, raimell@verizon.net
Andrew Edmundson, andrew_edmundson@kellyservices.com

LINKEDIN INVITE INSTRUCTIONS

Log-in to Linkedin. Click the new green button, "Add Connections" located on the lower left sidebar menu of your homepage.

1. Click the green "Add Connections" on your Home page

** THE SIMPLE WAY: IF You are adding the Top Ten/Thought leaders ....You will see three columns. It will say "Add friends or colleagues to
your network?"
***Manually CUT & PASTE first name, last name, email into three columns, click "Edit/preview invitation text" - Personalize your invitation and let them know I referred you

** ALSO, IF you are sending invites to the larger "Mega Lists" I feature once in a while. You can either
(A) Insert the names and emails on a spreadsheet CSV with firstname, lastname, email columns - save as a CSV file in excel. Then Click,
http://www.linkedin.com/uploadContacts?displayUploadContacts=&c...
OR
(B) Click "Add Connections" then click "Import Contacts" tab and insert only the email addresses. This only adds them into your contacts box - you still need to invite them - you go to left margin box, click imported contacts, 'select all' and send a mass personalized invite. When you click "Add a personal note to your invitation"
(C) A Member, Florrie Wallace kindly adds this mass invite method:

1. Highlight and copy (right-click/copy or Control-C) the names and email addresses from the Six Degrees Top Ten list (actually, only email addresses are required here, so that's the part that could make your life easier)

2. Click on this link http://www.linkedin.com/addContacts

3. Paste the names and email addresses (or just email addresses) into the Box next to Enter Contacts Manually (right-click/paste or Control-V), and then click on Search

4. LinkedIn will then bring up a list of the Imported Contacts, complete with their Professional Headlines from their profiles (usually position title and company). Before users click on Invite Selected Contacts, they should check the box to Add a Personal Note to Your Invitation and mention in the note that Dave Mendoza referred them.

5. Clicking on Invite Selected Contacts will finish the task.

NOTE: Many have asked to join this list. Too many lol. Thank you. The value in my list is in the Criteria for selection: People I Personally Know & Admire. I've worked with/known personally/have verifiable impact on our industry. To connect with each of them is your value, inviting leaders and megastars in their craft. All TEN are
equally "must haves" in your network! If I did one for every one who asked, I would be unable to promote ALL 12,000 people and my list would lose credibility. Please understand. If I do not know you, please do not ask to be on the list. Let's make the opportunity to be introduced someday.

Best wishes to all my friends at RecruitingBlogs.com where networking is our DNA!

Dave Mendoza

Views: 363

Reply to This

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service