New social network for executive career networking. Watch out LinkedIn!

Well its not often that I get p****d off with the concept of networking but my previous post about LinkedIn Groups couldn't have come at a better time! For some time I had thought that the very successful LinkedIn network of 22m+ members was missing the point and going in a direction not in the spirit of Web 2.0 and social networking... well it wasn't designed for that anyway.
Here at RBC Jason has done a fantastic job of attracting recruiting individuals who want to interact in an open way and very much do want they want around discussions, events, blogs and freely start Groups and openly make new associations with members, all for the greater good with a bit of learning on the side. Just look at Maren's brilliant video, Bill Vick's superb interviews with leading recruiters and sourcers etc etc. This is truely the spirit of the individual not the corporation being in control...

So, here it is, I've taken on the challenge of taking on LinkedIn as I think that is what they wanted! Ive created Executive Careers Network as a social network similar to RBC but aimed at our clients and candidates. So Im not asking the 11,000 members (wow is that really how big youve grown this JD?) of RBC to join, but I would appreciate you all directing your clients and candidates over there so we can build an environment similar to the one we all enjoy at RecruitingBlogs.com.

Well I can only ask, cant I

Here it is again... Executive Careers Network

Thanks for listening!

G

Views: 54

Reply to This

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service