"I don't think that sourcing has really proven its value yet. It will be necessary for methods to standardize in two areas: the search itself and the way that the search is specified. With those two tools in place, sourcers will have something to crow about."

Read the Rest On Interbiznet

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jason - Papa J has some interesting things to say from time to time but just because he says it does not make it right. "Sourcing" is not just placing key words into a search engine.......heck if that was the industry I was in I would go slit my wrists now. Sorry Internet researchers, not demeaning your value in the process but rather calling out that "Sourcing" goes way beyond his simple definition regardless if one dedicated person performing the function or if it is part of a full life cycle or 3rd party recruiters role.

Sourcing is many things with many approaches but in it's simplest form it is:
- ID Talent (Searching & Networking - Sales)
- Romance and Attract Talent (Sales & Marketing)
- Screen in/out
- Relationship Development with 'timing not right' Talent (Sales & Marketing)
- Competitive and Market Intelligence (Marketing Intelligence)

To be fair it is more akin to a sales/marketing role than a traditional HR/Recruiting role. How you get there, be it by the phone or electronic means or a combination of both, please, please Papa J, do not simplify sourcing as banging keywords into a little box........I call that mining/searching not sourcing. Heck....maybe all the people that use Google and type in their keywords are Sourcers as well :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service