Adding Dedicated Researchers to the Recruiting Process

We have been discussing the idea of separating the research function of the recruiting process and would be interested in hearing from firms who have dedicated research teams who identify and pre-screen candidates for the recruiting team.   How successful has this worked for your firm if it's the model you use and how do you compensate the researchers.... base only, base plus small commission, base plus bonus etc.

Thanks for any insight.

Terry Correll

President Emerging Divisions

Partner Professional Staffing

Views: 378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It sounds like you are looking to separate sourcing and candidate prescreening, from recruiting. We are thinking about this as well. Check out Arbita.com. I heard Shally speak about this subject last Tuesday and he can give you some guidance and things to consider. Good luck !

Hi Terry...

I have experience with dedicated research teams responsible for frint-end aspects fo the search (list building, pre-screening, etc).  I'm in Canada but I have typically started junior recruiters at a 30k base with placement bonuses of 100 for the 1st, 200 for the 2nd, 300 for the 3rd (capped at $500)...

I recruited in a 50/50 recrutier/sales model so I'm not a huge fan of paying recruiters lower wages - but the actual tasks do not warrant much mroe than that...I have also built in graduated scales for  year(s) 2/3, etc including a model that gets them into a completely different commission plan...

I just joined the site so this may be too late...if you would like any further info let me know...

Scott

Hi Terry,

I haven't setup a team like this but I have worked within one in my last role and previous to this in a model which was mainly sourcing based. I definitely think it works. In my last role the remuneration was a basic plus 1/3 weekly commission basis (I was sourcing IT contractors mainly). Hope this helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service