Hi All,

I wanted to ask a question on what processes people take when sourcing candidates. The reason I ask this is that I recruit for oil and gas professionals in the North Sea and for quite some time now there has been a serious skills shortage for this sector.

At the moment I seem to find my self spending a lot of time trawling through the internet, cv databases and linkedIn to find suitable candidate with little success. I do not feel that my current method is a very efficient or effective way of sourcing candidates.

What I would like to know is how people are operating in a candidate skinny market and what processes they go through in sourcing candidates?

Would be good to get peoples thoughts on this.

Stay Classy,

Paul

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Paul,

Your dilemma is a tough one since I have never recruited for those roles. What I have done for roles that are impossible to find the purple squirrel that the manger says that is out there, but reality is something different.

After going through all your resources (ER/Associations, Organizations, LinkedIn groups, conferences, And Boolean etc.) I go back and start to network with folks I may not have tapped and start networking. I speak to the mangers on who they know.  I just keep networking, but it can pay off. If need be, find out where the employees hang out and put a posting up (with permission) and make it easy for them to contact you.

If you would like to discuss, let me know and we could connect via phone.

Good Luck

Doug

A good approach would be to "map" where these roles are found. In other words, determine which companies have these roles, find out who are on those roles, and actively pursue those people.

Try doing boolean strings once you know where these guys are located and working.

For hard to find candidates, actively pursuing passive candidates is the only way to find success. It's like finding a needle in a hay stack. You really need to dig deep.

Jimmy

We have found many of our customers (recruiters) using Google to source candidates. They perform an “x-ray search” for profiles from social networking sites.

Google has indexed millions of profiles from social networking sites. Our resume-import tool - ResumeGrabber JobSuite - helps you to
=> search Google for targeted profiles from social networking sites
=> find business email address and phone number for each profile
=> export them to an ATS or Excel

This way, you get a actionable, ready-to-use list of targeted candidates profiles.

I will be happy to organize a free product demo if you are interested. We can show you how to build a talent pipeline by performing an x-ray search in Google. Meanwhile, you can also download the free trial version of ResumeGrabber http://www.egrabber.com/TU4233f97

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service