Let's look at some real life issues and how we change peoples' lives. Example: When I was cutting my teeth in the industry in Los Angeles, I had a Controller that was commuting from Thousand Oaks to Irvine. 3+hrs each way based on the day driving down Pacific Coast Hwy, fax in the car, cooler for snacks. By the time he reached work, he put in 2-3 hours and then got back in the car heading back home just in time to see his wife, have some dinner and maybe grab a hot tub before bedtime. Hardly ever got to see the kids. When I found his new job that he accepted, (at Viacom), he could ride his bike to work, saw his kids every day and was home for dinner with family. He thanked me when he got the job and 3 years later he tracked me down when I was in Colorado and he was still at the job and wanted me to know that it was a lifesaver for him and his family. There is the buzz.

I'm sure we all have great stories to tell, please feel free.

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Dean..

That is sensational... made me feel good jsut reading that... I hope I can make that kind of difference for someone today

Cheers

Dan
Thanks Dan - since your are juiced up for the day, here is another true story. I had a client needing a JDA MMS person, found a candidate that was H1 status working for a contracting company that brought her to the states from Philippines. When I contacted her, she was in tears, said her husband sold their home since the consulting company said it was a long term contract. He was in the plane coming to the states with their 8mth old and when they landed, she was going to have to tell him that the contract was ended (this was like after she had been there 3-4 mths already), and that she was out of work and they had no home and no job. My client was willing to sponsor a direct hire, we introduced her, she was hired and on board within 2 weeks. I met her and her husband and child after an 8 hour drive to the client site, which was way out in the sticks, on the day they arrived to look for housing. They found a house through the Realtor the client offered and were ecstatic because it was so large (like 1200 sq.ft total)...really... very small, but everyone looks at things differently based on where they came from and where they are going. Buzzzz
Thanks for the invite by the way Dean...

With stories like these it is amazing to me that more people don't recruit!

Maybe we should keep this quiet, so as not to get too many people interesting in our industry... imagine what would happen if outsiders knew it was way more than just making money! ssshhhhh

Cheers

Dan

Dean Lockett said:
Thanks Dan - since your are juiced up for the day, here is another true story. I had a client needing a JDA MMS person, found a candidate that was H1 status working for a contracting company that brought her to the states from Philippines. When I contacted her, she was in tears, said her husband sold their home since the consulting company said it was a long term contract. He was in the plane coming to the states with their 8mth old and when they landed, she was going to have to tell him that the contract was ended (this was like after she had been there 3-4 mths already), and that she was out of work and they had no home and no job. My client was willing to sponsor a direct hire, we introduced her, she was hired and on board within 2 weeks. I met her and her husband and child after an 8 hour drive to the client site, which was way out in the sticks, on the day they arrived to look for housing. They found a house through the Realtor the client offered and were ecstatic because it was so large (like 1200 sq.ft total)...really... very small, but everyone looks at things differently based on where they came from and where they are going. Buzzzz

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service