Hello all...

This question might be specific, or more applicable at least, to legal recruiting...not sure.  But here goes: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to contact candidates to see if they might be looking for a lateral position, even if you don't have a specific position in mind?  For instance, with high-qualify candidates, you can present them to law firms even if the firm doesn't have an active listing.  But a cold-call without a specific job in mind can be somewhat awkward:  "Calling today to see if you might be intersted in...???"

Anyway, if anyone has an approach that they use to make a more general cold call, I'd love to hear what sort of "script" you use.

Many thanks in advance....

Adam

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Adam - where are getting the candidates from? I.e., are they people that sent you their resumes, are you pulling them off job boards, etc.?

I will contact people I think I can place and tell them the truth. That I am not calling to talk to them about a specific position, but rather that I have clients who are often open to looking at their type of backgrounds. From there, I learn what the candidates interests, requirements, etc. are.  

thanks, Amber.  I get the clients from a subscription service.  I've tried that general approach, too, but sometimes the candidates see a little put off that I would waste their time without an actual job listing (attorneys get multiple calls a day from recruiters, at least those at the large firms).

"I've noted your name on some breakthrough cases lately.  I am a legal talent scout  who can spot someone who walks on water without getting their feet wet,  ( or whatever shmooze you wish)  What, if anything, could be improved in your current employment environment?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service