Just wondering over the years whats the funniest response you have had from a candidate for example i have heard Why Should We Hire You? I would be a great asset to the events team because I party all the time!!

So please share :-)

Views: 7167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if it's the funniest, but it's definitely one of the most memorable. This was an entry-level candidate, who when asked "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" answered, "I'd like to be married with two kids by then." The hiring manager was speechless...and hired someone else.

I love this Pam classic case of not thinking before they speak :-)

Just got an IT resume that reflected no work experience since 2000.  thinking that part of the resume must be missing, i picked up the phone and called the candidate.  "Your resume does not reflect any work experience since 2000 so i am assuming that part of it didn't parse, what have you been doing since 2000?"

Candidate:  "I went to school for a year and since then i have been sitting on the couch watching TV and applying for jobs"

Me:  "How's that working for you?"

Candidate:  "Pretty good actually, i have applied for over 400 jobs since 2000."

Me:  "Well, sounds like you are pretty happy where you are, good luck."

I just laughed out loud Sandra! That is awesome.

That made me laugh out loud to!!! That is great. I wonder how some people survive by themselves.

Who the hell knows, either his wife is a doctor or extended unemployment has risen to a new level.

I started to suggest to him it might be time to get a new couch but sometimes my sarcastic mouth is best left closed.

I would say the latter... Day time tv is clearly much more interesting than getting a job.

What is your favorite part of your job:  Going home on Friday's for the weekend.  Why do you want this job:  I really don't, but I knew if I didn't say yes to the recruiter, I would never have gotten to meet you.  What do you do outside of work:  I take ballroom dancing (candidate gets out of his chair, walks around the desk to the interviewer, yanks her out of her seat and takes her for a twirl). None of them got passed on.

Paul thank you for brightening up my Tuesday afternoon they are great. I love the ball dancing one I wish i could of been there to witness that I bet the look on her face was priceless.

Candidate rushes into the office, 35 minutes late and announces with great drama, "I'm sorry I'm late. My guinea pig got impacted and I had to take her to the vet."

eMail message before the interview: "Sorry, I can't make it today. I forgot that my sorority is making cookies for the new freshmen."

When interviewing a receptionist for my own office I asked a candidate "If I were t ask your last supervisor for one criticism about you, what would they say?" He responded "She'd say I often come back late from lunch". Good to know. Next.

I thought of another funny one.  A guy was on his last interview on a very busy retail account where everyone he had seen had stressed the need for organization.  He was interviewing with the president of the company who had one of those austere and totally bare offices - white walls, white desk with nothing on it.  The president asked him what his last boss would say about him: "He would say that I am messy and disorganized...but I get the work out."  Next.  You can't make this stuff up!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service