This week a software company posted about their sooper-dooper recruiting software; it was http://www.go4recruitingsoftware.com -- the write-up buried the key info but based on what I saw on their website, I'd be tempted.

What I'd like to hear from y'all recruiters are recommendations for candidate and job tracking software. Our firm, 51 years old and not eager to change (yet), uses Ultra Staff; retched to use but thorough if you can stand all the cumbersome, DIY populating of info. Few if any of the 18 recruiters here use it properly because it's so user-hostile.

I've also seen a demo for Sendout at a Danny Cahill seminar. I understand it ain't cheap (yes, you usually get what you pay for).

So what software works well, and why and how, for you?

David White
Chicago

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's no apostrophe in yall.

I agree that it would be great to hear from recruiters regarding their experiences with recruiting related software. What would be even better would be a set of standard evaluation criteria, with room of course, for describing the features that make the application "outside the box". As long as the responses are anecdotal, it's very difficult to evaluate a packages efficacy.
Gopher has been around forever- they were in business when I started 10 years ago. Well run firm- always a nice balance of ambition and actual performance.....more than you can say about 9 out of 10 software vendors.

Ken, your desire is oft-voiced but its like asking for a set of standard evaluation criteria for book or movie reviews; the forms may be similar, but the eye of the beholder is everything. Why? Because software is not a simple industrial artifact- its both art and science, and human experience is (by literal definition) subjective.

Go by market share, your own taste, what people you know have to say, and what experts in the field think- just like you do with movies and books.
Ken,
"There's no apostrophe in yall." ???
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't yall / y'all a contraction of "you all" and don't most contractions require an epidural? No, wait, I mean an apostrophe -- such as; don't from do not, can't from cannot. Besides, yall looks like a misspelling of yawl.
David White
Chicago, IL

Ken Kimbrough said:
There's no apostrophe in yall.

I agree that it would be great to hear from recruiters regarding their experiences with recruiting related software. What would be even better would be a set of standard evaluation criteria, with room of course, for describing the features that make the application "outside the box". As long as the responses are anecdotal, it's very difficult to evaluate a packages efficacy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service