Dear Community,

I would like to ask you, how do you motivate your recruiters? My example: we work in Europe (I'm not very familiar with the rules in the States, but would hear your cases as well), our recruiters have a fix salary + bonuses, dependend from the placement's volume. But it seems to be not enough. How to push them to work quicker and more efficient? We have other kinds of non-monetary motivation: internal corporate benefits, flexible work hours, friendly team, other comfortable conditions. I know that the money is not the best motivation, but we have both parts of motivation implemented. What else can be done?

Thank you!

Views: 2339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Note:  Thanks, Tim--for recovering my missing post...which I'll reinsert here...for the record.

The "what else that can be done" to motivate a stagnate recruitment effort is to reassess the contributing factors to the spinning of wheels, inefficiencies and lack of speed to results--would be:

o do identify and get rid of deadwood; couch potatoes; and zombies who are their but are DOA; this sends message that DOA is not acceptable nor is snoring on the job

o hand-holding; cuddling in a supportive way; saying positive, inspiring things to each other

o benchmarking factors that seems to work with competitors; and what doesn't work with you

o establish "open" and "invite only" job fairs; these bring the talent to you; attended by hiring mgmt who will be positioned to make hiring decisions

o establish tag-teams where more than one recruiter is responsible for a job result

o "Client Brain Picking" wherein you leverage key client employees who know their counterparts in industry (similar to an employee  referral program, but in this case the employees are giving you leads)

o hire a hungry novice who is not influenced by the team's status quo to move forward at an established pace and fervor

...happy to explain.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service