I see it frequently.  People stop into a social networking sight just long enough to create an account and leave an ad (disguised as a blog) for their product or service.  Most times it doesn't really bug most of us - I mean - we've all got a product to sell, don't we?

But what if the product itself is something that makes you think "No way!  Who in the world would use that?"

This happened to me this morning upon checking in to my favorite site - Recruitingblogs.  I noticed this blog title:

New Business Development for recruiters made VERY Easy!!! Bye Bye Cold Calling.....

I replied to the blog - but the author doesn't appear interested in an actual discussion - and the comments are moderated.  My reply has yet to be approved so I'm assuming it won't be.  I thought the topic deserved a little more  interest than just a typical drive-by spam ad so I'm dragging his (moderated) blog over here.  Please read the following and let me know what you think.  Too bad the comment I added earlier today hasn't been approved yet.  I hate trying to come up with the same reply twice!

Busy Recruiters....

We know your day is full of sourcing, placing, searching and calling.
In between all of this you still need to continually business
develop, to bring in new vacancies and opportunities.

How many times have you made vast amounts of business development calls to clients, only to find out they are not recruiting? How would it
feel to be able to call clients, knowing exactly when they were trying
to fill a position?

If the team at MyResourcer could show you a way of notifying you,
each and every time, one of your clients added a new vacancy/opportunity
to their website, would you be interested?

If we could also show you a way of creating watchdogs, with specific vacancy job titles, and letting you know when new vacancies matching
your criteria were added, would that help you?

Or maybe you would like to carry out instant searches for live vacancies on your client websites and find specific positions that you
never knew existed.

MyResourcer is the new, next generation, web application that will
change the way the recruitment industry finds new business. It is geared
for the busy recruiter and is a unique tool that will speed up your
business process, help you make more successful placements and
generatemore revenue.

Test run MyResourcer today and see why everyone is talking about "A Recruiter's Best Friend".

Go to http://www.myresourcer.com

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey Jerry. I see it all the time as well. I even sent off an email about the title of that post saying we are gonna get shit for allowing something like that here on RecruitingBlogs.com I trust that most people see it and realize what it actually is. Thanks for calling it out here. Thank you Thank you.
The tool itself - something that tells you if your client posts a job - is absurd. Chasing job postings is a quick way to the poor house for a recruiter.

I had lunch with a client recently. She was dreading going back to the office. I asked why. She said "I posted a bunch of jobs on Careerbuilder this morning. I just know my phone is ringing off the hook right now with all kinds of recruiters calling to tell me about 'perfect' candidates. I won't even be able to answer my phone for a few days!"

Slouch said:
hey Jerry. I see it all the time as well. I even sent off an email about the title of that post saying we are gonna get shit for allowing something like that here on RecruitingBlogs.com I trust that most people see it and realize what it actually is. Thanks for calling it out here. Thank you Thank you.
My first thought was 'nice ad', followed by wondering why someone would need this since that you can easily do this for free, simply by setting up a few alerts on indeed.com and/or google to keep an eye on specific companies or types or jobs.
I quit taking the local paper because it was nothing but ads. Now the so called internet marketing types call themselves bloggers do a cut and paste on every site they can find. May the cyber gods smite them with a big stick, burn up their hard drive and make their refrigerator quit running. I think it's funny that a lot of the high blown recruiters who beat the drum that they don't post ads do nothing but track company web sites then cold call with "perfect" candidates. We call those types, "road kill recruiters", like a bunch of starving jackals who can't hunt.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service