Dear Friends,

Recently i got an opportunity in my team and i was interviewing some recruiters. I came across a candidate who was not able to present him as a must hire,he was OK in the interview process. But by the awards he got in his current company, the number of hires he is quoting and the recommendations he has on LinkedIn from his immediate managers and some business stakeholders are compelling me to hire him. This guy is working with his present organization from last 3 years and got 4 awards 2 being the yearly performance awards and rest bi annually which is quite commendable. To get these awards, a recruiter must be good in the overall recruitment+ business interfacing. I checked the authenticity of these awards and it is also fine.

Have you ever experienced such dilemma where the track record of any candidate is very impressive and as the candidate doesn't speak much and would give you only the answer of what you have asked and doesn't go round on round or in other words this candidate lacks in the self marketing.

Would you hire him.

Views: 441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It sounds like the Candidate is nervous. Why not take the Candidate out for a coffee to a more relaxed environment and see if that makes a difference?

In answer to your question and all things being verified, I probably would hire.

Yep, some people are extremely shy or just plain "bad interviewees." I had a candidate tell me once that he felt as if he would be viewed as "braggadocios" if he talked about himself too much in the interview.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service