I thought I should do the proper thing and introduce myself properly.

I am a UK based recruiter who has been in the recruitment game for nearly 12 years (initially IT but now HR & Training). I am a co-director of my business which is a small and niche consultancy that has bigger clients than we ever thought we would get.

I believe that the key thing about recruitment is being able to match people to job roles and careers rather than CVs to specifications. This means I am instinctively cynical about any technology that cuts people (and specifically me) out of the recruitment process.

You may have seen me moaning about Twitter already but as a matter of fact I am increasingly interested in it as a Recruitment tool. I just get fed up with people who seem to think it is some sort of magic bullet that will spell an end to human involvement in recruitment.

Outside of work I am a Dad of 2 and my wife's better half. I am a bit of a sports nut watching pretty much anything sports related (I still play squash and some veterans rugby). Weirdly despite never playing the game I am a massive baseball fan sitting up until all hours watching it on the web (still hoping The Rays can sneak the wild card!!).

I am looking forward to getting more involved here and will try and keep my language clean and not upset too many people.

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so much for those Rays huh? Yanks might have knocked them out.  Welcome Jon to the RBC- your perspective is appreciated and refreshing.

Welcome Jon!  I love what you said about matching people to jobs not CVs to specs.  I was in a meeting just today with a group of hiring managers where I took resumes away from them and reminded them they were hiring a PERSON, not a peice of paper.  Ugh.

You know if you're not ruffling at least a few feathers you're not doing it right.  :)

Welcome Jon,

I am also adverse to technology is the answer approach, especially as it relates to ATS's. I believe it's recruitments role to wade thru the crap to find the diamonds in the rough. Looking forward to your posts.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

@Tim yep I saw that almost the moment I pressed send the Rays gave up 3 runs! I think that might be the end of the season!
I'm a Rays fan too. They made it.
See- it was my reverse logic that gave you Rays fan luck ; )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service