Listening to Danny Cahill at Bullhorn in my city of sin.

He says that you as a recruiter need to want recruiting bad enough because if not, you will have to go get a real job. So my question to you - is being a recruiter a real job?

Views: 461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes.
Define "real"
Absolutely!
I'm pretty sure I am not qualified for most "real" jobs - so I'll stick with this...............
Actually, I've done both and I'd say that recruiting is a "job" but I think what this person means is it's different then having a "Real Job" at a company. Well, as an independent recruiter where I'm the "boss" it's certainly different then working at a company, especially in a corporate work environment. As a recruiter, I set the hours, my rules etc. This didn't happen much when I had a "real job" so to speak.
I think recruiting is one of the most real jobs anyone can have.
hold on I will ask my wallet???
I think what he is saying is that if you are not passionate about recruiting, you won't make placements, which means you won't make money, and you'll have to get a different (real) job.

Reminds me of a saying that I think is so true, "Do what you love, and the money will follow." The recruiters I know who are successful generally enjoy their work. It's not a 'job'. It's an adventure! :)
I have to agree that it is...the amount of work that goes into finding the right candidates for positions or even trying to get new business..its definitely real and challenging work.
I have never thought of this as a real job. I love recruiting and I have always been amazed that people will pay me to do it because it just seems like common sense.

But I will admit that for something I don't think of as a real job, it sure is some hard work sometimes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service