Is that the light at the end of a tunnel or is it just a train?

I can feel it... it's changing.. momentum, can you feel it?

If it's just us, I'm sorry I don't mean to brag, but business is getting good again.

When I can walk into a Management meeting and people start looking at me saying that I am the problem of the business, then we are short of people, and that has to be good for business.

Not great for the ego, but it means we are starting to move forward. Moment of truth for the pipeline we've been laying.

What it does mean is less time blogging, or later night blogging, here comes the fun!

Can we see an upturn yet?

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dan,

Watch out for that train! LOL. Not feeling it over here, but maybe it's different in your hemisphere. We saw things pick up in billings over the last 5 months, but new business, new jobs, and strong candidates in the pipeline are way down right now. Feels just like the Sept to Nov period last year when everything came to a halt. I think this can turn in a heartbeat so maybe it's just us, but I'm not seeing enough now to feel that a turn is there. I also think that any turn we get will meet some resistence so it won't be a rip roaring return to great times. Too much overhead supply of fear with business owners and hiring managers. That said, it won't take much to get a lot of business going. It still feels to me like we will have short increases in economic activity and business and then downturns due to the effects of the bubble burst and debt and fear and then recovery again. Maybe the light isn't a train. Maybe it's a roller coaster.

TK
I've been busy with some high end searches, niche stuff that we're fortunate to have exclusives on... so it's been pretty good, and I'm not even in a major market (Albany NY). Of course, these relationships didn't happen overnight. We managed to latch on to a couple real good clients that keep the bills paid and then the other stuff I work is hit or miss...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service