In light of the current state of the US Employment market. I wanted to post a thought question to the community on whether or not there could be a need for Employers to utilize workers on a different scale ... So we have the following so far:

Fulltime (FTE)Workers Standard 40 hours a week
Contract Workers per hour based 1- 12 month contracts
Fulltime Contracts for your Not for Profit Health Provider market and Public Sector

The onDemand Worker requirement could look like this:( Possible onDemand Job Board)
We have a need for a onDemand ( Unix Admin example) Candidate from Mon - Thurs to start at 6pm - 12am ($25 - $50/hr - work out the margin for recruiters later).

And, on the onDemand Job Board an OnDemand Candidate Posting could look like available from Mon - thurs from 6pm - 12am Fri 6pm - 2am, Sat 1pm - 8pm ... etc ...

The Employer here is not shelling out a truck load for a contractor or FTE - but they have a budget for onDemand block work that needs to get done....

The onDemand Candidate could take on this project and possibly a Friday - Sunday OnDemand project somewhere else with another onDemand Employer ...

If I had the time I would explore this but too busy on other projects - perhaps someone with a Dev and recruitment background could look at this perhaps a new Job Board Venture.( more research first needed to establish feasibility ... )

Is there already a Job board like this or market or is this just still in new idea Dreamland .... Love to get your thoughts... Anything to help bring down the Un-Employment rate helps the Unemployed - helps the North American Marketplace... Helps us.

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In reading this I'm just not quite sure what you're asking about here.

Cheap contractors for tight clients?  Part time contracts?   

No I am talking about clients that don't have the budget to hire fulltime employee, or a contractor I am talking about a market where Employees will bring in workers after hours and on the weekends for certain block amount of hours.   If employees don't want to hire a fulltime candidate they can take on a onDemand candidate for specific hours...  The skilled unEmployed could now have a chance at working for more than one Employee while still looking for a fulltime Job ...  and I am not talking about doing a packing job at the Grocery Store...  but within the same industry in which the Unemployed worker has his experience in.
This is the same thing as short term temps. A dedicated professional temp job board might be an interesting idea but not sure how profitable it would since companies can call a temp firm like Kelley get a short term temp in a matter of hours at a small % hourly rate without anyone having to go on a board, gather profiles, drug test blah, blah. Using a temp firm all that is done , no question as to whom the temp works for.

Using am unemployed temp for even a week direct puts the employer in a position of being the last employer of record for purposes of unemployment, workers comp and other liability if they don't background or drug test, I think. Seems
Ike I have seen one called Shorterm gigs or something like that.
There is one called Savvy Assist that appears to do what you mention with a try it buy it twist.
Thanks Sandra .. It just seemed like a nifty idea if those services exist that could help with Employees providing more opportunities for folks not lucky enough to land fulltime or contract roles ...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service