Julia Stone - Recruiting Animal Show

Yesterday, JULIA STONE was my guest on The Recruiting Animal Show. (Listen here)

I asked her why she had such a dark picture on Linkedin. She said the picture was bright; the problem was my age which was affecting my eyesight.

Last week, she called me an idiot.

This girl is really merciless. So, let me know, what do you think about the picture. And, be honest. Julia is one of Recruitingblog's tough mamas and has no time for people who mince their words.

PS: In my humble opinion, the picture is also ridiculously small. If you are going to post a picture of yourself in a one inch square, you might as well make it a close up.

Feedback From Twitter
chuckwestbrook: Not too dark. Poorly lit and too small. And not close enough.
ejobfairs: to dark!

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Julia ROCKS!! The picture is a bit dark though. :)) Perhaps my eyesight is going as well.
Claudia knows how to deliver the hard truths.

Bury them in compliments and niceness.

I've heard this called The Sandwich Technique

1. Julia Rocks - is the top slice of bread (compliment)
2. The picture is dark - is the meat (the truth)
3. My eyesight is going too - is the bottom slice (the bailout)

Here's my cushion. I think Julia looks good in this picture
in spite of the fact that the quality isn't the best.
Maren, there is something odd about you. You're fighting battles when you don't have to. If there's anything you're good at, it's putting attractive pictures on your websites.

Mind you, this brown one might be small for linkedin. I'll have to check and report back. I'm back: Small but not bad. Mind you, I like the impish one better.
julia's photo is fine... not only are you old... i think you might be abusing medications and/or alcohol... animal, if you don't get help at Charter please get help somewhere... then again, consider the source... i look like a trucker pimp in my photo...
@William Tincup: "i look like a trucker pimp in my photo..."

But you are a trucker pimp.
I suggest a ban on any further replies here until Animal puts a picture of himself up for us to critique. He is now clearly struggling for things to complain about. That comment club thing last week got him all riled up and he needs a fix........
Jerry doesn't have the guts to comment so he's trying to change the subject. Jer, you used to be so brave.

Trust me, Julia won't be offended if you don't think the picture is excellent.

It's not that big a deal, really, is it? (Which is not to say that it doesn't make any difference at all.)
Thread hijacking is my new hobby. Do you guys think recruiting is moral? Would Jesus make a good recruiter? (for those of us who believe in Jesus that is......)
You could always talk about this new thing called an RPO I heard about Jer :) can save 80% on your Recruitment costs.... :)

Jerry Albright said:
Thread hijacking is my new hobby. Do you guys think recruiting is moral? Would Jesus make a good recruiter? (for those of us who believe in Jesus that is......)
80% sounds pretty good - I wonder how that would work? Does anybody know?
You job out your work to people who lives in poor countries. They charge you slave labour prices then you charge the client full fee.

Jerry Albright said:
80% sounds pretty good - I wonder how that would work? Does anybody know?
Julia.. your pic IS small and dark... WHO CARES?!?!?

And Jerry; Thousands baby! That's what's up.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service