A rejection response to an application received by my candidate from a global recruitment firm:

Dear <name>

Thank you for your application.  We regret to inform you that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.  We are unable to provide feedback on applications.

In the meantime, please keep us informed of your availability.

Regards

<recruitment team>

Views: 1395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is pretty pathetic

Yup, that is certainly up there with the worst. 

WOW that is bad...

What do you think... is receiving something of this caliber better or worse than not receiving a response?

I think it's the last part that makes it horrible.

Translates to: "You suck, but we won't tell you why. Please keep trying. Have a nice day."

That's pretty bad... my favorite part - "we won't tell you anything but keep US informed on your availability!"

Yeah right... good question though Todd - is this better than NOTHING?

Awful!

I have a few templates written up that are nothing like this one, and still I get candidates that will respond extremely harshly when they get a pre-written message. At times, I have seen a very unpleasant side of candidates. So, mechanical sounding or not, some people just lack tact in communicating.

Good point - we have some templates, and usually send out some sort of notice so at least people know their application has been reviewed. As you said, we occasionally get pushback (sometimes VERY negative). I still think it's better than nothing, but I may be in the minority on that one.

Mervin Hernandez said:

I have a few templates written up that are nothing like this one, and still I get candidates that will respond extremely harshly when they get a pre-written message. At times, I have seen a very unpleasant side of candidates. So, mechanical sounding or not, some people just lack tact in communicating.

Not a very good message, but my first thought was that at least it is better than nothing. (Actually my first thought was that I hoped it wasn't one of ours, lol.) I have tried various templates and scripts, and none sound that great. It has to be professional, politically correct, try to relay information without being too specific since it will be autogenerated.

The wording in the example in this post was odd sounding, and keep us informed of your availability? Really?

LOL Amber that was my first thought too! :) 

Amber said:

Not a very good message, but my first thought was that at least it is better than nothing. (Actually my first thought was that I hoped it wasn't one of ours, lol.) I have tried various templates and scripts, and none sound that great. It has to be professional, politically correct, try to relay information without being too specific since it will be autogenerated.

The wording in the example in this post was odd sounding, and keep us informed of your availability? Really?

It would actually be funny if they just responded with your exact words! 

Daylon Walton said:

I think it's the last part that makes it horrible.

Translates to: "You suck, but we won't tell you why. Please keep trying. Have a nice day."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service