A rejection response to an application received by my candidate from a global recruitment firm:

Dear <name>

Thank you for your application.  We regret to inform you that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.  We are unable to provide feedback on applications.

In the meantime, please keep us informed of your availability.

Regards

<recruitment team>

Views: 1395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THAT is the question of the day... I used to use the pre-drafted emails until I got a really angry person call me to complain.  Now I kind of treat all roles differently, and write a new email each time appropriate to the person / level of role and likeliness of fit.  But is there a better way?

Todd Wilson said:

What do you think... is receiving something of this caliber better or worse than not receiving a response?

I kind of think they had two emails, merged them together and didn't read it properly.  I can't imagine any marketing person putting this email together

Amber said:

Not a very good message, but my first thought was that at least it is better than nothing. (Actually my first thought was that I hoped it wasn't one of ours, lol.) I have tried various templates and scripts, and none sound that great. It has to be professional, politically correct, try to relay information without being too specific since it will be autogenerated.

The wording in the example in this post was odd sounding, and keep us informed of your availability? Really?

Although its pathetic but better then nothing.

Yes the Message sucks but the candidate is not left hanging so - somewhat of a trade off. 

I too have templates made up BUT I have the ability to personalize each one with a reason. 

One of my rejection emails is below - I intentionally put my "reason" in bold an italics to show how I can personalize the rejection with a reason for this posting but it is not that way when sent to the candidate(s).

Dear %First Name%,
Thank you for your on line application and interest in the opportunity we have posted.  Unfortunately your resume does not reflect the specific Industry experience required in the position description. 

We certainly want to keep in touch with you and encourage you to apply for positions that are a good match for your expertise.
Please keep an eye on our careers page and subscribe to our RSS feed to be alerted to new opportunities as they are posted.
Best wishes in your search.
Then my name and contact information.......
Maybe not the best email but a gentler, kinder one and I get good responses from candidates thanking me for a response and a reason......and yes we may even start a long term relationship because they actually heard back from us!  (A major complaint we must all hear from candidates, right?)

How about this - 

Dear <Candidate Name>,

Thank you for being part of the interview held on <date> at <location> for <Skill>. After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that you did not clear the interview round. Hence, we will be unable to take your candidacy forward.

At <Organization Name>, we believe that all individuals have their own special talents, and we assure you that this decision is in no way a reflection on your merit, capabilities, and credentials. You are welcome to re-apply for a suitable position with <Organization Name> after <Locking Period>, and your application will be considered afresh.

We appreciate the interest you have shown in our organization and wish you every success in your endeavors.>>

I have been using this from a long time now and didn't came across any complain as yet. Yes it doesn't not speak about the reason of rejection, as i work in IT recruitment and it is not feasible to include n number of topics in your post interview feedback mail.

Any suggestions.... :)

As curious as I am to who wrote this...I want to know who reviewed this and still said, "Ah, perfect! Just the message and impression we want candidates to receive!"

I've had plenty of candidates that weren't right for one job but ideal for a different part of the business. If they'd received this message back on the first job I guarantee they wouldn't have "kept us informed of their availability" much less be working with us right now.

Wow. Sarah, That's really pathetic!

It's almost like some sort of template from a 3rd rate ATS.

Hopefully, the owners can fix it. Yikes!

Jonathan

I really like yours PJ! Much more informative, at least you are providing an indication of why 

PJ Cunningham said:

Yes the Message sucks but the candidate is not left hanging so - somewhat of a trade off. 

I too have templates made up BUT I have the ability to personalize each one with a reason. 

One of my rejection emails is below - I intentionally put my "reason" in bold an italics to show how I can personalize the rejection with a reason for this posting but it is not that way when sent to the candidate(s).

Dear %First Name%,
Thank you for your on line application and interest in the opportunity we have posted.  Unfortunately your resume does not reflect the specific Industry experience required in the position description. 

We certainly want to keep in touch with you and encourage you to apply for positions that are a good match for your expertise.
Please keep an eye on our careers page and subscribe to our RSS feed to be alerted to new opportunities as they are posted.
Best wishes in your search.
Then my name and contact information.......
Maybe not the best email but a gentler, kinder one and I get good responses from candidates thanking me for a response and a reason......and yes we may even start a long term relationship because they actually heard back from us!  (A major complaint we must all hear from candidates, right?)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service