Managing Your Social Identities: One Profile or Separate Personal and Professional Accounts?

If you want to get into or make the most use out of the social networking scene for both professional and personal reasons, you have a few options. You can use: one profile for both business and personal socializing, separate personal and professional accounts on each social network, or some services for personal use and some for business. Read on for a look at each of these options and tips on finding work-life balance with social media.

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've got separate personal and professional accounts. Though I should note that I maintain my personal account with a tone that I'd consider acceptable for my grandmother and boss to read. But, that's also kinda just how I genuinely behave.

I decided to go with a separate Twitter accounts. One is exclusively recruitment focused in order to give people the opportunity to connect with me on a purely professional or job-search basis, without the other chatter. Basically, everything that you'd find on my professional account is also on my personal account, but not vice versa. It seems to be working for me so far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service