Open Letter to Bountyjobs: Please address this question regarding your service

Dear Bountyjobs,

We haven't spoken before. My name Jerry Albright. I'm a recruiter in Indiana.

I have been researching various split networks, etc. (not quite sure what BJs, Dayak, etc. are called - but the whole spectrum of recruiting/client development services)

There are videos sprinkled around the internet where a considerable degree of success is claimed by Bountyjobs. Most recently the video from Recruiterearth.com with a snippet of Jeremy Lappin, CEO of Boutyjobs indicating your network/group is doing "Thousands of placements annually".

I am very interested in "thousands of placements annually" myself. Those are the kind of numbers we can only dream about - until now! You are claiming this is the level you have reached - yet I can not find more than a handful of any reference to recruiters being successful with your site.

Would anyone associated with BJs please clarify this for me? I am certainly not the only one wondering. Also wondering if the other Jeremy who posted last week about not getting his money even after the clients sent him copies of cashed checks has been resolved.

Views: 1129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Out of curiousity, I did a placement with BJ for a VP position for a tech vendor. I ended up with only $10K(!!) after BJ took their share. What's worse, I had to wait 3 months after the start date to collect the fee as they don't pay until the guarantee period is over. Came away with a bad taste. I would only use this for a very specialized search in slow times. Seems a lot of firms are looking at it as a way to reduce fees paid to recruiters.

Ted

Robert - splits are most certainly not a waste of time for many of us.  While it might not make sense if you're in an agency and subject to being paid your commission - it's a wonderful way for independent recruiters to serve their clients.

The BJ's topic is a different issue.  They aren't necessarily splits.  With a true split partner you've got someone on the other side working for you.  This is not what I see with Bountyjobs.
Robert Green said:

For any new recruiters reading this, don't waste your time, money, and life chasing splits. There's no free lunch.

I can see your mind is made up.  No biggie.  All I can say is there are recruiters who have strength in either client development - or candidate development but not quite the expertise on both sides.

Splits have always been a big part of my business. 

Robert Green said:

The recruiters scurrying around to find you a candidate for your job is a complete waste of time for that recruiter.  They should get their own job orders, which are ridiculously easy to get, and then learn how to do real recruiting.  If they did those two things, then they would never waste a second of time screwing around with splits.  If I understand BJ, recruiters are either working on other people's jobs that won't produce a full commission and which is probably shared with the house, or a recruiter is putting a job in the system because they don't really know how to recruit.
If there was ever a business model for turning a value add service into a commodity, it's this company. Desperate recruiters who are thrown into competition with multiple other desperados whose modus operandi is to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. Splits are one thing. I agree with you Jerry that you can be a terrific recruiter, but not necessarily be good at or enjoy the business development side of the business (I don't care for it myself). At least somebody has solid client control which makes a world of difference. But in the case of this company, it's like throwing a slab of meat to a gang of hungry lions and watching the chaos unfold.

We have 2 different topics here.  I've asked Robert to start a new blog to break this into the appropriate topics.  I'll go ahead and steal the idea.  Watch for it!

BJ's is not a splits scenario to my knowledge.  It's a recruiting management service.  They bring the jobs - you bring the candidates but you then work the client directly.  (If you can.)  Nothing like a true "split" scenario.

Bill Ward said:

If there was ever a business model for turning a value add service into a commodity, it's this company. Desperate recruiters who are thrown into competition with multiple other desperados whose modus operandi is to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. Splits are one thing. I agree with you Jerry that you can be a terrific recruiter, but not necessarily be good at or enjoy the business development side of the business (I don't care for it myself). At least somebody has solid client control which makes a world of difference. But in the case of this company, it's like throwing a slab of meat to a gang of hungry lions and watching the chaos unfold.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service