Question of the day: Have you ever come across information on the Internet that kept you from working with a candidate?

From today's RBC Daily:

We live in a time when there is no such thing as privacy right? Facebook avoided a nightmare earlier this week with rumors of private messages be posted to user timelines erupted across the internet. These of course were just rumors, but a recent article on TechCrunch offers a few tips to avoid your private information from being made public. The most important of course being to assume that everything online could be public. But is that enough? As recruiters it is those tidbits of information we come across that can tell us a lot about a candidate. More importantly can say a lot to a potential employer.

Question of the day: Have you ever come across information on the Internet that kept you from working with a candidate?

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you come accross something on the internet and I have, it is definitely a red flag and warrants further investigation before putting that candidate forward.   I agree that privacy is a thing of the past, with the way Linkedin and Facebook engage on the social media platform.  For example, I received a notice to network on LinkinIn with my signficant other.  He never sent it.  Interesting!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service