Recruiters - would you pay members of your network to help you recruit on your open reqs?

As a third party recruiter, I'm becoming more and more dependent on leveraging my social network (primarily LinkedIn connections) to help refer candidates for my openings.

Question for the recruiters here - if you knew you're 500+ connections on LinkedIn were more likely to help you find candidates for your open positions, would you offer to pay them X for every candidate they send to you, Y for every interview loop you line up for one of their referrals, and Z for a successful placement?

In other words, an "affiliate network" for your jobs?

Thank you!

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scott,

I would be tempted to extend a referral payment for a cnadidate that was sent to me that reached final interview and/or was placed. 

As for every candidate I was sent, I have the feeling my bank would run dry fairly quickly if I did this.  

Hopefully we all engage in the "pay it forward" ideology and simply making a recommendation on a past colleague or someone they knew would not neccesitate a promise of payment. Hey, I'd love to get an acquaintence/friend/colleague a shot at a better gig.

However, if there was success in placing the candidate, then certainly that would be something potentially worth paying for.

All the best,

Ben

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service