RecruitingBlogs.com Welcomes Miles Jennings to Executive Team

FOR
IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Maren Hogan

RecruitingBlogs.com

RecruitingBlogs.com welcomes Miles Jennings to Executive Team

Toronto, Ontario—May 24, 2009--- RecruitingBlogs.com, the social network for Recruiting and HR Professionals has hired Miles Jennings as Chief Operating Officer. The
popular niche social networking site currently has over 25,000 members and
Jennings will play a key role in expanding its efforts to serve more industry
professionals.

“It is with great excitement and satisfaction that Miles Jennings is joining RecruitingBlogs.com as COO,” said Jason Davis, CEO of RecruitingBlogs.com and
its affiliated sites. “RecruitingBlogs.com is rapidly expanding its offerings
and Miles is exactly the right person to take things to the next level. He has
a deep understanding of the recruiting industry and I look
forward to working with Miles on a day to basis in order to continue our rapid
growth.”

MilesJennings has a diverse background in management, recruitment, and online media. He joins RecrutingBlogs.com from Modis, one of the largest providers of IT
staffing and consulting services, where he held the position of Managing
Director. Prior positions have included work at Indeed.com, a leading search
engine for jobs, and an additional five years of sales work at Modis.

“I am honored to join the staff of RecruitingBlogs.com and am thrilled with the prospect of helping to lead a company with so much potential.
RecruitingBlogs.com is a fascinating and broad reaching community that
exemplifies the best of what social media offers,” said Jennings.
“Recruitingblogs.com is extremely well positioned to play a key role in the
direction of the recruiting industry in the years to come. I am privileged to
work with the exceptionally intelligent and creative leadership of
RecruitingBlogs.com and also very much look forward to getting to know the
community.”

Many members of both the RecruitingBlogs.com community site and its LinkedIn group, which boasts over 100,000 members, will recognize Jennings as a key figure in
online social networking in the recruiting industry. Long a proponent of both
social media in recruitment and an avid user of Ning technology, the platform
on which RecruitingBlogs.com and its affiliate sites, including TalentBar.com
are based.

MilesJennings has founded and developed numerous online websites and technologies through Electronic Syndication LLC, including TalentBar.com and
ProjectManagers.net. He received his bachelor's degree from Trinity College in
Hartford, CT where he majored in Philosophy.

RecruitingBlogs.com is a community for Recruiters and HR Professionals established in 2006. As of this writing, the network has over 25,000 members with an online community
totaling over 80,000. RecruitingBlogs.com also runs recruiting related sites:
RecruiterBooks, RecruitFest.com, Recruiting-Jobs.com, RecruitingTools.com,
PunkRockHR.com, TalentBar.com, Hashlove.com and JobBoarders.com (with ERE
Media).

Views: 838

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations Miles!

Note to JD * So I guess I'm no longer being considered for this job then? #Icantakeahint
Welcome Miles.

I Love You,
WorkFarce
I've had one of those for about 6 months now. Just three cubes a week. Amazing.

Miles Jennings said:
Josh, it must be love because I recently bought an orchid while thinking of you. I put 3 icecubes in the pot each Saturday, but have so far not sung to it.

Joshua D. Akers aka WorkFarce said:
Welcome Miles.

I Love You,
WorkFarce
Having managed one of the larger (well maybe not so large) competitors to MODIS prior to starting my own company, I have had many conversations with Miles about life "in the trenches". He is spot on in my opinion with his experience, knowledge and ability to keep an immediate pulse on the recruiting firms like mine.

I must congratulate Jason on his very savvy hire with Miles. My only regret is that I could not convince Miles to join the ever growing team here at BizWerks before RBC. Miles knows recruiting and is a great guy.

Going to?

Miles Jennings said:
Hey thanks Julia! I believe that I usually call you "the only real recruiter in the room" and now, there is one less. ;) All these folks going into social media, what's the world coming to? When the economy kicks back into gear the ones left standing are going to make a mint..

Julia Stone said:
Having managed one of the larger (well maybe not so large) competitors to MODIS prior to starting my own company, I have had many conversations with Miles about life "in the trenches". He is spot on in my opinion with his experience, knowledge and ability to keep an immediate pulse on the recruiting firms like mine.

I must congratulate Jason on his very savvy hire with Miles. My only regret is that I could not convince Miles to join the ever growing team here at BizWerks before RBC. Miles knows recruiting and is a great guy.
PS. I've chosen to make this the longest running running post on RBC. Please pitch in.

Jerry Albright said:
Going to?

Miles Jennings said:
Hey thanks Julia! I believe that I usually call you "the only real recruiter in the room" and now, there is one less. ;) All these folks going into social media, what's the world coming to? When the economy kicks back into gear the ones left standing are going to make a mint..

Julia Stone said:

I will reply to this thread nearly every day until my demands are met - demands which as of yet have not been demanded - but whenever I decide they are I'll let you know.....

#srsly

Jerry Albright said:
PS. I've chosen to make this the longest running running post on RBC. Please pitch in.

Jerry Albright said:
Going to?

Miles Jennings said:

Julia Stone said:

I got here early today in case anything's happening.
Well Jer, all you have to do is get Miles to engage in some insane discussion about ethics, the EEOC and how everybody is picking on you. That would insure that this thing would run on several years.

Congrats Miles!
LOL. Thank God for small favors. No mold, no google. Upbeat relevance will be just dandy. :)
Sandra -

Yesterday I got a note from a client I placed a manager with a few months ago.

"Dear Jerry - We have an OFCCP audit and I need to know all sources you posted, searched (minority, female, veteran, etc.) for the Manager search. Thanks!"

Am I "supposed" to target minorities? Just what type of info does the OFCCP need here? Am I in trouble as an agency if I don't? If I'm recruiting - should I keep a list of all the women I called, all the African Americans and Hispanics that were called? Does my personal database of resumes need to contain the appropriate percentages of various diversity categories? If so - how in the world am I supposed to gather that info.

As a recruiter - am I OBLIGATED to post client jobs? If so - where - and who pays for this? Me? Uncle Sam? The UN? The G10?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service