We have a dilemma brewing and I dunno if any of you have noticed it. I WISH I had this problem to address on my sites. Be that as it may, here goes:

BadGuys are chomping at the bit to have at it with Aggie in his RBC blog posting about his RPO Recruitment Process Offsourcing/shoring services where he proclaims: “We are specialized in providing RPO services.”

Jason feels the criticism in the string has become nasty and vitriolic (actually he called it vicious and intimidating, “…like a gang ganged up on somebody.”)

Uh, yeah. That would be the BadGuys gang. Hey, I unnerstan’ perfectly well how Agastus Naik’s service could save 80% in recruitment costs for a client in two month – I’ve been doing that for 'nigh on thirteen years myself! But it’s the approach that has everyone up in arms – now, before any fingers start pointing let it be known I’m not claiming any Miss Innocence title here – I learned the hard lessons that Mr. Naik is about to discover a long time ago.

Our mission states:
We are a hit squad. A roaming band of vigilante commenters. Our target: hot air recruiting bloggers
Those of us in the Bad Guys gang have our own formulas to run up against – we can either be listed or black-listed to the following categories:
Currently Active Members
Supposed To Be Active Members
Membership Status Unclear
Don't Seem To Belong Here
So what the heck are we supposed to do? We have taken sacred vows. When we see a frothy target we are sworn to aim (or knock).

Bang bang bang on the door baby!
Knock a little louder baby!
Bang bang bang on the door baby!
I can't hear you
Bang bang on the door baby
Bang bang on the door
Bang bang on the door baby
Bang bang
You're what?... Tin roof, rusted!

Lyrics
Song

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not a sacred cow...
This is just mean spirited. I think that anyone who reads a blog can make decisions for them selves. You obviously have far too much time on your hands.

"Anarchy in any arena is unacceptable."
Anarchy is an interesting subject - you wanna discuss?
Steve, Agastus,
Let me spell it out (since it's 5:10am and I have some time on my hands).

I feel qualified to speak to this subject because I've been there - done all the same kind of posting (the kind that is drawing so much ire here on RBC) in many, many places here on the Internet. I consider myself sort of an expert in offending (some) people.

When you post online what translates as an "ad" to others you run this risk. People don't like being "classically" advertised to. Go figger - I don't like the fact anymore than you like hearing this. But it's a fact. There's no doubt (or is there?) that the Internet is the future of advertising but it's how we choose to advertise that is going to set us apart moving forward. I mean, come on, nobody can dispute the fact that this post is blatant advertising. It beats my record by a far mile and I am the QOBMOH (Queen of Blowing My Own Horn). The trick, my friends, is to offer some piece of information that the reader will find useful/interesting along with the promotional value(s) you want to get across. Karla Porter suggested, in that string, “Perhaps you could write another post that highlights some of the fantastic experiences you have had working at e2scorp, why you chose to work there and why companies should work with you.” That is an excellent suggestion and speaks far more kindly and directly to mine here; the idea being to merge content with your advertsing.

Now, I say I don’t like the fact that people resent being advertised to. Guess what? Tough tooties, Maureen. YOU (me) don’t like it when you go to a movie and are forced to sit through a few minutes of advertising that you’re sure (when you think about it) management probably doesn’t like having to inflict upon you either. The fact is, when you break it down, it’s probably a necessity to keep the joint’s lights on and there are other ways of using that information than complaining about it (don’t invest in Movieplexes!). Know what I mean?

You getting this yet?

The MoviePlex owners will either figure out a way to garner advertising revenue that is less obtrusive to its core audience or go down in flames. It’s just taking them a little longer and that’s what all the furor on your string, Agastus, is about, if you think about it. You have all these savvy Internet “dutch uncles” scolding you about there being a wrong way and a right way and sure, some of it is done humorously, but, the message is there. You can either do one of two things to remedy your faux pas – you can get “better” at your presentation or you can get “bitter.” Which do you choose?

By the way, reconsider the sunglasses thing - when you're selling something to someone they want to see your eyes.

“The eyes are the window to the soul.” - Proverb
Steve et. al.

I'll ask the question that others have not asked...why did this start?

We were having another one of our ubiquitous BountyJobs discussions when Agastus elected to toss in a tangential, highly-canned comment abou... - it smacked of bait-and-switchness.

You will eventually come to recognize that these types of posts take place frequently on RBC; read the original BountyJobs post. Jason can't be everywhere and relies on members of the community to point out these "ad attacks."

As his his right, Agastus then took the same content of his comment and created a blog post. But in the time frame that it was posted - so shortly after the BountyJobs thread - I viewed it...I suppose right or wrong depending upon how much time you've put into this community...as him thumbing his nose at me - and others in this community.

I've pointed out other blatant ads to Jason and accounts have been removed; if no one other than Jason took ownership of spammers we'd be overrun in a matter of weeks. RBC lives and dies by the content; honest discussions of RPO are great - whether they work any better than in-house is a great debate.

But this one was over the top; and I won't apologize for being a Badboy if in the long run the community thrives...

Steve Sill said:
This is just mean spirited. I think that anyone who reads a blog can make decisions for them selves. You obviously have far too much time on your hands.
I am in agreeance with Steven J Still.

We don't need anyone telling us what to do. We can make decisions for ourselves.

There are mental cases, however, and the actions of these people can only be tolerated for a while. The blog should be free of any racist or totally hysterical foul-mouthed outbursts.

Steven Still said:
I coulda' sworn "Steve Sill" said that...? What'd I miss?
Maureen, I'm in agreeance with Steve. That's what I said. Don't cause trouble.

TODAY'S GUEST: The Return of Claudia Faust. She's going to describe the method she used to assess boyfriends and show us how it applies to recruiting. There's a free hand-out of her xl template.

Maureen Sharib said:
I coulda' sworn "Steve Sill" said that...? What'd I miss?
But it's my job to cause trouble...
;)
So the purpose of this posting is to argue the case for trouble-makers like you.

You're afraid that some people going to ban you from their blogs for being a member of the Bad Guys and you want to rally support before the axe falls.

Maureen Sharib said:
But it's my job to cause trouble...
;)
You're afraid that some people going to ban you from their blogs for being a member of the Bad Guys and you want to rally support before the axe falls
Hmmm...I didn' think a' that... ya' think they would (ban me)?
Maureen, I don't know where you got this "Anarchy in any arena is unacceptable" quote from but it's stupid in a) it's use of the term "anarchy" in the pejorative indicates no understanding of self-governance, society without centralized authority or free love; and b) it overlooks the numerous instances in history where anarchy has worked remarkably well, and in very different arena.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service