The Glass Half Full Wine Event was sponsored by the Human Capital Institute at the ERE Conference in Hollywood - Florida that is. It was so amazing I feel that saying anything more about it would not do it justice but I know I have to so I will do my best to capture the many great moments of the evening.

The wine was delicious. I don't know how to explain it any other way. It was a selection of ice wines, regular wines, lots of port and champagne getting their corks hacked off with a very big knife. It was all very good. I know it was expensive wine and though that does not mean something is good, in this case, with this evening, all the wine was just way over the top good.

I always think that no one will show up and everything is going to fall apart. The first one to walk through the door was Ethan Bloomfield and he says I have 5 other people coming is that ok. I said sure. The next one in was Kevin Wheeler and he picks up an empty wine glass that says The Human Capital Institute on it and heads over to the sommelier. They start talking, Kevin gets something delicious poured into his glass and I knew at that moment the night was going to work out just fine.

All night long, people were discussing wines and recruiting and everything. People were enjoying the sea breeze from the balcony and there was a ton of great food and the amazing thing is, all the wine got finished. I couldn't believe it. I think there were about 50 -70 different people who came through the door and grabbed a glass and ( I'm gonna make up a word here) became deliciousified by the unbelievable deliciousness of all that wine and champagne. I'm still recovering.

Maren Hogan organized the entire event and made sure the night ended up being the night it was. Thanks Maren, It was really amazing and I got so many compliments on how great the night was and everyone knows you are the one who put it all together. Josh Akers - that guy knows how to work and he also knows how to sell , but the thing he is absolutely best at is that he knows how to carry vast amounts of ice from one place to another place. He and I moved mountains of ice about an hour before everyone showed up and then we moved furniture, cleaned glasses while opening lots and lots of wine bottles. We were the help.

It was amazing to see so many people having a good time in a very nice room with a view. Everyone was talking about stuff that was interesting and it was being discussed everywhere. It's good to catch up with old friends and its good to make new friends.

I want to say thanks to everyone who came out to help create a very memorable and delicious evening and I want to say Thank You very much to Capture Wines, Allan Schweyer and HCI who thought that sponsoring the Glass Half Full event was a good way to start a relationship with RecruitingBlogs.com

Views: 251

Replies to This Discussion

It was a great night - Maren you do deserve a ton of credit for putting it all together.
I really enjoyed this event Jason, Maren, et al... The setting was perfect, the people who attended were interesting and the wine and food were awesome. I had some of the best conversations of the conference at this party - and on a fabulous balcony with a ocean breeze to boot! I especially enjoyed tapping into the genius that is Jason Davis when it comes to discussing Domain Names. :) It was fun to hear about the process involved and the successes (and some duds). Where else can you have a night where you discuss wines, recruiting, future trends, being a mom/juggling a career, kids and domain names all in the same party?
It was a blat Jason!
Jennifer, It was great to talk to you as well. I enjoyed it. Thanks for the compliment. I thought I talked too much.

Jennifer McClure said:
I really enjoyed this event Jason, Maren, et al... The setting was perfect, the people who attended were interesting and the wine and food were awesome. I had some of the best conversations of the conference at this party - and on a fabulous balcony with a ocean breeze to boot! I especially enjoyed tapping into the genius that is Jason Davis when it comes to discussing Domain Names. :) It was fun to hear about the process involved and the successes (and some duds). Where else can you have a night where you discuss wines, recruiting, future trends, being a mom/juggling a career, kids and domain names all in the same party?
It was a big highlight of the conference for us! Classy, casual, cool... all things RBC!

We made a new friend on the expo floor and invited him to join our party at the Wine Tasting, John Anderson of KellyOCG, who passed along his sincere thanks as well.
Great recap Jason, and tremendous job Maren! It was a great highlight of the week for me, and a truly unique experience. If there's anything I like more than talking labor market trends, it's definitely talking wine! This was also my first opportunity to meet Ami and Kevin, and I truly enjoyed the profound dialogue on social media- thanks guys! I'll also never forget some memorable encounters with John Sumser, and you, Jason. Thank you for a terrific event!

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service