We were interviewing  an executive assistant for the CEO. She wore flip flops, overalls with a bikini top under the overalls.

Views: 787

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. I had one wear 5 inch platform stilettos.

Mine would have to be the guy that came in wearing a motorcycle helmet. Instead of taking it off, he just flipped the visor up during the interview.

A few years ago, I quoted a story from The Washingtonian in my Top 10 Funniest Job Horror Stories: “A guy who forgot dark socks to wear with his suit colored in his ankles with a black felt-tip marker.”

Dirty sweat pants, ripped tee shirt, running shoes.  She told us she didn't believe in overdressing for an interview....

I'll contribute even though everyone before me clearly has me beat. It wasn't my candidate but a co-worker of mine had a candidate go in for a Nursing position wearing a lime green suit. Most recently, one of my candidates had their zipper down. This is not the lack of attention to detail you want a nurse to have!

My daughter was a Bank Manager and interviewing for a teller position.  The candidate came in - a half hour late - wearing her bathing suit, flip flops and a tank top over the bathing suit.  Candidate's comment -- can we hurry with this, I'm late for the beach.....  she didn't get the job.

2 come to mind when I think of this topic:

1. Cargo military shorts to a trading company

2. I had an individual interview via phone as a man and show up to the onsite interview as a woman

Now, that's some good stuff right there, Jacob!!!  Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Jacob Share said:

A few years ago, I quoted a story from The Washingtonian in my Top 10 Funniest Job Horror Stories: “A guy who forgot dark socks to wear with his suit colored in his ankles with a black felt-tip marker.”

You're welcome! Makes me laugh every time too. What was he thinking.

Tracey Cress said:

Now, that's some good stuff right there, Jacob!!!  Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Jacob Share said:

Well, you have to give him credit for trying to remedy the situation!!!!   Hilarious :)

Jacob Share said:

You're welcome! Makes me laugh every time too. What was he thinking.

Tracey Cress said:

Jacob Share said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service