I have been in the recruiting field for 15 years and I am curious to discuss and hear the successes and failures of others as they train junior level recruiters.  My company is hiring a few junior recruiters specializing in Information Technology.  I appreciate any advice that can be shared.

Views: 2911

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I could not more strongly endorse the rookie training program on the Next Level Exchange- www.nextlevelexchange.com. Flat cost per month, not a per-rookie cost, like putting someone through a boot camp. The content is new, relevant, and immediately able to be implemented- and it's all streamed through the website, so you can access it anywhere and any time. Each piece of the placement process is a different module. Recruiters can watch at their own pace. There are quizzes throughout the program. Each owner is given a guide with content summaries, answer keys, and suggested exercises. It's what I'm now using for my new hires and I couldn't be more impressed.

Additionally, as rookies graduate into more advanced levels of the business, they have a library of videos from many of the industry's top trainers and also top individual billers who are still in the trenches doing it every day.

Get on the phone at 9am to 12 noon

12 to 1230 lunch

12 30 to 430 more phone calls

430 plan who you will call the next day

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Phone Power

Well, I will say I am a terrible teacher and therefore have applied a different approach.  I do not hire junior level people due to that reason.  With that being said, hiring professional and experienced staff at this time in the economy, is a huge window of opportunity for the company that is growing.  Managing experienced staff has its own advantages, yet also comes with challenges (processes, etc and change mgmt) required to assimilate them into your culture.  All that being said, I believe hiring experienced staff offers a better value ROI than newbies off the street with little to no experience.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service