About two weeks ago, my recruiting department had a little contest about how many Twitter followers you can get in a week. I won, so I wanted to share my story about how I managed to gain so many followers in so little time without any extra tools.

******************************************************************************************
The Connection of Twitter and the rules that govern American Idol

What I did was this...I followed the same philosophy as what a contestant is told on American Idol.

As the judges normally say, "Stay relevant".
Talk about something interesting and vary it up. If you talk about one topic all the time you'll lose the interests of some followers.

Remember your Twibes. Talk to all of them through relevant posts. You can "sing any genre".

Make your tweets "your own". If you're going to RT someone else...add to it, compliment it.

Don't just quote a book, unless you belong to a quote a book twibe. Once again, it's unoriginal.

Acknowledge others good posts. "Make friends" and hopefully they come with benefits (large number of followers). They will hopefully increase your follower number by giving you a "shout out" on "Follow Friday". Form your alliances to obtain the most "votes".

Be seen, make Twitter your stage. If you don't tweet, no one is going to see you. You'll become as Simon would say "unforgettable"
Stay current, add something new, compliment, but make it your own and you too will become a global Twitter Idol.
If you market only one thing, you'll only attract one type...limiting your followers. You want to make connections...develop your audience with relationship building techniques. As I always say...."cuddle".

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do all the spam followers count when you tallied them up? I know I get a ton of those!
Only if they take my tweets seriously.....however, if I find that I'm getting too much junk mail, they're not worthy. (Ooohh, just got a flash back of Wayne's World)

Chris Wessell said:
Do all the spam followers count when you tallied them up? I know I get a ton of those!
So, what's your twitter link so we can follow you?
So glad you asked...and unsure why I even left it out in the first place. http://twitter.com/Debra_Y

pam claughton said:
So, what's your twitter link so we can follow you?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service