My goal is to build a website that embrace every aspect of social networking with a video resume component. I would really like to engage in a dialogue with everyone on this concept. Please supply me with your feedback and thank you in advance.

Success,

Lionell Artemus
lartemus@artemusgroup.biz

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a very innovative idea. I know that some firms are doing this with their candidates (ie. Ledgent and Hiremenow). If done right this would be a great tool. A client can pre-screen a candidate before spending an hour face-to-face with someone that ONLY looks good on paper.

Below are some interesting sites that might be of interest to you:

http://www.facehire.com/
http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewsnetworking/a/videointerview...
This concept has bean tried and re-tried over the past 5 years and it doesn’t work and its not catching on.

The problem with this is that the type of candidates who are willing to do this video are desperate and using this as a last resort or under skilled. The other problem is the questions and answers given in a video don’t relate to what a employer is looking for and may pass on a candidate that other wise would have bean a fit.

HR at companies don’t even want to a photo attached to a resume as this can open doors for discrimination suits an looks tacky.

Personally I wouldn’t do a video if i was looking for a job.
I agree wit Thomas,
This sure is an innovative idea but there are very few companies which would entertain Video Resumes.
Most HR likes to read what they are looking for in a resume. Whereas in a VR a candidate might talk more on a subject which is not relevant to the HR.
I would not look at many vedio resumes if I was hiring.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service