Which free website do you use to source candidates that has a resume database that is new and you have had success with?

Views: 14194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone use indeed or resume bucket frequently?

I used to use indeed but found that a lot of the people on there weren't eligible to work in the U.S. - especially on the tech side (which is what I hire for).

I haven't had much success with either.  Really & truly- Wouldn't you agree that the #1 place to find anyone is LinkedIn recruiter.  Of course there are the Jedi Knight boolean strings you can use on Google and "where the candidates hang out", but as far as databases?  I don't know many.  

I like to combine Monster and LinkedIn RPS.  But I'm sure that depends on what DIG you're in.

Since I recruit for IT Professionals and have worked in some of the areas myself. I go to some of the popular tech forums. Techrepublic, hard forum, and a few others. Some of them post their resumes and or credentials and get ratings from the forums as well for their knowledge. It is a good place to go as well if you recruit on a national level. Sometimes you can find locals but its few and far between.

You know Monster gets a bad rap.  I believe it is still the worlds largest database.  I know we are all looking for passive candidates and people that aren't actively looking for a job, but Monster resumes go years back.  There are a lot of resumes that aren't current and have been with different companies for years.  I have had a lot of success with Monster and really digging. 

We sell resume-import solutions and have found many of our customers (recruiters) using Google to source candidates. They perform an “x-ray search” for profiles from social networking sites.

Google has indexed millions of profiles from social networking sites. Our resume-import tool - ResumeGrabber JobSuite - helps you to
=> search Google for targeted profiles from social networking sites
=> find business email address and phone number for each profile
=> export them to an ATS or Excel

This way, you get a actionable, ready-to-use list of targeted candidates profiles.

Download the free trial version of ResumeGrabber from:http://www.egrabber.com/TU4237497

Will - most people tell me that when they post their resume on monster or CB (or any other mainstream site) all they get is spam from insurance companies (or MLM & work from home garbage). No matter what their background (always 100% unrelated) these dorks blast them with "hey your background looks perfect for our spammy team..." Super annoying! The other complaint is the ignorant staffing firm reps that don't understand that finding a "keyword" on a resume is not the same as finding a relevant match for the position. Some of them say they may occasionally get contacted for legit opps, but few and far between. 

Anyway, most people I know that would be categorized as "passive" don't have their resumes posted online, anywhere and  never have. Some do have a LI profile, but likely quite skimpy on content that might be searchable. 

Have you tried Pinterest? Just kidding! ~KB @TalentTalks

Will Thomson said:

You know Monster gets a bad rap.  I believe it is still the worlds largest database.  I know we are all looking for passive candidates and people that aren't actively looking for a job, but Monster resumes go years back.  There are a lot of resumes that aren't current and have been with different companies for years.  I have had a lot of success with Monster and really digging. 

I wrote this back in December.. Not sure how it got ressurected from the dead.  I'm going back on my statement about Monster.  It isn't very helpful anymore.  I have had so many spammy e-mails it is riddiculous.  I could be a State Farm Agent in a second. 

Times change quickly.  I haven't used it at all this year.  You are right Kelly. 

There are tons of "free" databases out there that contain great people. I agree LIR is a great tool, but I like using sites like findpeopleonplus.com, and others like that. It's a networking game as you know also, I always ask for referrals from my candidates and even from my passive folks I don't have a job for immediately. I love sharing candidates also with my fellow recruiters, I think there is something to be said about collaboration in sourcing and recruiting.

Will Thomson said:

So it looks like I'm resurrecting this post.  Now that Indeed is charging per resume, does anyone have ideas on good sources for resumes for free globally ?

Wow, even though this was posted 4 years ago, it could not be more timely.  It doesn't even have to be free, but what site have you had the most success with generating candidates that led to placements? To put it in simple terms.  As an agency recruiter I placed 20 people in 2015.  All highly compensated.  1 of them came from an add on Indeed.  The other 19 were sourced by me on LinkedIn.  I had one person let go last year.  That was the guy from the Indeed posting. I need to generate more traffic from Active candidates.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service