A few days old on this, but what do people think about this news?

This week Workday announced the acquisition of Identified, a private company which was focused on using Big Data techniques to help recruiters find great candidates.

Full story from Forbes.

I never worked with Identified, but do like the overall functionality. I also get the concept in mining Facebook, but to date have had little success in that area for my particular recruitment targets. I do however use Workday daily. Our organization made the move to this HRIS platform 18 months ago. 

We continue to add modules and there has been a lot of discussion of moving to their talent management/ATS offering. This move makes the thought of that a bit more interesting. IMO this signals that Workday plans to really make moves into adapting recruitment technology to further their robust offerings. 

Thoughts? Any recruiters currently working with Workday? What about Identified? Have you had success sourcing with this tool?

Views: 746

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Tim: Having seen Workday's recruiting beta, I can tell you that it makes Brassring look sexy, so this is a smart move before they roll this out within their fully integrated talent management offering - I think now they only sell recruiting as a module so imagine this is an attempt to add enough value and features to sell ala carte. Considering their competition, this puts them way ahead of Cornerstone, ADP & Oracle HCM who are all trying to roll out some sort of new ATS offering within the next 2 quarters. Given the cash they have, this is a smart acquisition as it saves them from having to integrate all these people aggregators as point solutions, but is interesting in that it also cuts them off from a lot of channel & comarketing opportunities as well...either way, I think once Salesforce rolls out their ATS & LinkedIn completes its acquisition of Jobvite it's going to be too little, too late for traditional vendors in the first place.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service