Experiment time. Or, rather a favor to ask.

Would anyone who doesn't already know me AND is NOT directly connected to me, be willing to do a quick LinkedIn search to see if I show up in your results?

And, if you were to be sourcing for my type of background, I'm curious where I would show up on your search (high/low match). 

I'm located in Orange County, CA (next closest metro-area Los Angeles).  I'm just providing the following as point of reference related to any key words or combinations that might be relevant. You decide which to use.

• Human Resources (Director, Manager, Generalist)
  • SPHR
  • Senior Professional in Human Resources
  • Talent Management
  • Organization Development 
  • Talent Acquisition
  • Recruiting
  • Recruiter 
  • Business Partner
  • Masters' degree 

No particular reason for the request, just curious about whether my profile content is targeted enough to appear outside of my own 1st, 2nd, 3rd level connections. And/or if anything different occurs if any of you happen to have a paid/upgraded LI account. 

BTW: My profile is "fully" visible publicly. 

Just in case you need to confirm me here is the link: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyblokdijkattalenttalks 

Thanks in advance !!! 

~KB @TalentTalks 

Views: 432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kelly, I did a search for "SPHR" and "business partner" in the "Greater Los Angeles Area" and you weren't in the 224 results that were returned. I have a free account.

Hi Vinda, 

Thanks so much for checking. Appreciate you letting me know. 

Kelly 

Vinda Rao said:

Hi Kelly, I did a search for "SPHR" and "business partner" in the "Greater Los Angeles Area" and you weren't in the 224 results that were returned. I have a free account.

I searched 'SPHR' and 'recruiter' in Orange County, CA and you were second from the top on the second page.  Not a bad showing but we do have four groups and eight skills and expertise in common.  I don't know if those numbers help with the connection or not, but there you were!

Thanks for checking, Linda! I know having mutual groups in common influences visibility to others. Not sure about similar skills though. 

Linda Ferrante LoCicero said:

I searched 'SPHR' and 'recruiter' in Orange County, CA and you were second from the top on the second page.  Not a bad showing but we do have four groups and eight skills and expertise in common.  I don't know if those numbers help with the connection or not, but there you were!

Was just thinking about this in light of the slew of recent LI "enhancements" 

Anyone else willing to "find me" online? 

Unless your Klout score is above 60 Kelly you will not come up in any of my deep boolean searches ; ) (that was a weak attempt at sarcasm folks).

@Tim - did you read that tip on m a s h a b l e ? hee, hee, hee :) 

Last I checked my k score was hovering around 63 so I guess might barely squeak by. 

Tim Spagnola said:

Unless your Klout score is above 60 Kelly you will not come up in any of my deep boolean searches ; ) (that was a weak attempt at sarcasm folks).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service