So, instead of me writing a blog- I thought it would be great if the RBC Community wrote a blog.  Make a comment by sending in your best one liner.  Let's get as many as we can and then we can have Tim & Noel publish it.  Be creative.  I'll start it- 

1) You know you are a recruiter when you find yourself eating lunch at your desk regularly so you can catch the candidate when they are available.

Views: 3517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know you are a recruiter when your well-intentioned friends/parents/spouse drop your name and/or business card to ANYONE how mentions they are looking for "a job".

You know you are a recruiter when you are more concerned about how target company is doing instead of your own.

You know you are a recruiter when all your bill collectors, and family, know which of your monthly checks has your commission on it.

Oh so true!

Lisa A, Doorly said:

You know you are a recruiter when people hear what you do for a living demand you find them a job.

You know you are a recruiter when you have to skip your kids PTM because you have a walkin/urgent meeting on a Saturday.

You know you are a recruiter when you find yourself working till 9 pm Eastern time so you can catch the Candidates in Mountain and Pacific time zones after they are out of work!  (PS I love this discussion, thanks for posting Will...Amy, as always you crack me up "Momma's money making time" LOL)

You know your a recruiter when...I was trying to hire a baby sitter and during the interview I kept trying to close her. 

LOL Megan is more common in my pre-cell phone days when I would actually take calls at home... :) now I usually sprint to my home office if I get those after hour calls :)

Megan Bell said:

You know you are a recruiter when you find yourself working till 9 pm Eastern time so you can catch the Candidates in Mountain and Pacific time zones after they are out of work!  (PS I love this discussion, thanks for posting Will...Amy, as always you crack me up "Momma's money making time" LOL)

Dan- This is so true. I laughed pretty hard when I read your comment.

Dan Contreras said:

You know you are a recruiter when your well-intentioned friends/parents/spouse drop your name and/or business card to ANYONE how mentions they are looking for "a job".

You know you are a recruiter when..you're a half hour into a conversation with a candidate and you realize you are pitching the wrong position! (This just happened) ;(

When your nephew who just got out of Law school, but doesn't want to actually practice law and has limited work experience expects that you can help him find a job in the $100-$150K range................and you whack him upside the head!

You know your a recruiter when for no apparent reason people send you linkedin invitations for no reason other than to connect to your network

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service