** I just talked to them and this is wide open and they are asking for a big push. They have done a number of interviews but nobody has peaked their interest. The key on this one is capital equipment sales of machines costing $50k to several hundred thousand dollars and they would like them with experience in the food industry.
Search For : capital machinery, sales, food industry, meat industry, plant layout, equipment layout, economic justifications analysis, production systems.
Position Title Regional Sales Manager #1291
Salary Range $60k base (we have wiggle room on the base) plus commission (should be at around $100k at plan)
Relocation Yes - but try to keep it in the area. Should be a lot of candidates local
Fee % 25%
Location Chicago Area
- Promote, develop and sell new equipment to existing and new customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This sales representative will travel within the geographic sales territory to make customer presentations, familiarize customers with Company’s products and demonstrate their equipment.
- Prepares documents such as: price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates and service obligations.
- Analyze technological changes in the meat processing industry and assist in developing the overall company marketing effort.
- Oversees the development of proposed plant layouts for customers, demonstrate equipment and shows existing operations where permissible.
- Submits periodic reports detailing sales activities, forecasts and expenses.
- This position will require the sales representative to travel between 80 – 100 nights a year.
- Arranges travel schedule and makes travel arrangements through the Company Travel Department.
- Bachelor of Science in Management/Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Five to ten years experience selling capital machinery is a must.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to understand blueprints, and plant/equipment layouts.
- Familiarity with food industry, economic justifications analysis and production systems.
We need someone with experience selling capital equipment. By capital equipment I mean machines that go for $50K up to several hundred thousand dollars. We do not need someone that calls on customers weekly to see how many pieces/parts of a certain product they need.
1. Bachelor of Science in Management/Marketing or equivalent experience.
2. 5 + years experience selling capital machinery (Machines costing $50k to several hundred thousand dollars).
3. Experience with blueprints and plant/equipment layouts.
4. Experience with economic justifications analysis and production systems.
5. Food industry experience is preferred.
Todd Kmiec & Associates