ly to your blog.
2. Blogspot is not the best domain to host it. Actually you should host it on your domain. Register a domain (make sure it contains the keywords you want to be found for), and purchase a hosting package. It really is dirt cheap nowadays, and the benefits are tremendous.
3. I suggest blogging on Wordpress (free – open source).
4. Install all relevant search engine optimisation plugins
5. Install all relevant social bookmarking plugins
6. Link to other blogs
7. Leave comments on other relevant blogs
8. Write interesting articles.
9. Do you really need AdSense (especially since you do not have the traffic)
10. You have broken links on the blog – images not showing. It look ugly and kind of ... not maintained.
11. Get a nice WordPress Theme +3000 available for free, and a custom one will cost next to nothing as well.
12. Make sure it is SEO – optimised. (Search on Google how to optimise a WP Theme for Google.
13. Use tags, use tags, use tags, use tags!!!!
14. Submit your blog to ALL the social bookmarking sites (it does not pay to do it yourself since there are people who WILL do it for you for the price of two pints in your local pub, and yes it’s a few days work really).
15. Exchange links with other relevant blogs.
16. Write regularly! It does not matter if you write a single line as a blog post, but d write regularly (get Google excited every time it visits you).
17. Install Google Analytics to track your visitors
18. Setup Google Webmaster Tools to track your ranking
19. Use Google Keyword tool to determine what keywords to write about (hat ones are searched for and WILL bring traffic.
20. Show of your success right here and on other relevant forums. It will bring even more visitors.
I am guessing this should be enough to get you going?
See some samples for inspiration:
Jobs Ireland Blog
HR and RecruitmentCVs and Interviews
CV 4 JobsJobs News
Careers and Jobs
I could go on and on.
What to expect?
If you do as specified above – within a year you will have 1000 unique visitors from Google every day. If your content is interesting and well inter linked you will have more than 5 pages read by the average visitors – so 5000 page views a day. Even AdSense becomes interesting monetization option at that stage. Your Google PR will be 4.
This just made me thinking,... perhaps I should start selling services like this? :)
You just blog your way, and I will do all the rest for you. How about that?…
tically their candidate base with the resumes of the applicants, with those software being terribly erroneous leading to mistakes on diplomas, companies etc.
it is Ironic that those softwares, with the erors they introduce, make recruiting at the Internet age worse (less accurate and reliable) than before.
even job boards (eg monster) are using those mediocre softwares (at least I have experimented that in France).
The motivation behind it : going faster even at the cost of passing by good candidates and neglecting that pitfall on account of todays disproportion between offer and demand, it is too bad for the H in Human Ressources.
the solution :
There is a simple way forward though :
to standardise a structure of a resume content.
I mention content because only the content structure should be standardised.
The presentation must be able to reflect the personnality of the candidate.
I am thinking of a standardised structure in xml separated from presentation aspects.
exactly like wordpress blogs, your can backup your blog by exporting its content which is independent from
the blog theme, and see your blog with another theme without changing anything to the content.
we should reach that same separation for resume.
with a standardised structured content that you would fill once resulting in a xml file, to be used to feed bases.
it could be used to fill in, in one click the companies candidates databases, or jobboards profiles (by means of import, upload etc.).
the full resume with the content and customised presentation being used for printing, web publishing, emailing, presentation, communicating with (human) recuiters.
All it takes is to standardise (well and exaustively if possible) a resume content structure
have it approved by one or several standard bodies (ietf, ansi, etsi, etc.)
The fact that the standard would be widely accepted means that candidate database manufacturers will implement it to preserve investments, job boards too (1 content standard is easy and worthwile to implement as opposed to ten of thousands of today resume possible forms).
people will make software editors to produce the standardised xml structure based on the candidate imput (same reason worthwile for 1 content structure standard).
people will make editors to customize the presentation based on the standard stucture, so that every body will be able to make a personnal theme (same reason worthwile for 1 content structure standard).
NB I think using linked to input your resume is not the best idea because people may nnot all update right away their inkedin profile when they leave a job, because they may get distracting questions etc.
and as opposed to your linked profile which does not have to be updated quickly, the resume you send is a document that has to be updated, it is a moral contract toward the company you are applying.
and there will be no more errors due to erroneous automatic softwares, if you find a diploma in your base this will be because the applicant asserts having it not because the software confused studying for that diploma with getting it.
And candidates will have time to concentrate on the gist of their application : meeting people, doing their search etc.
hints on "How"
which and how select the structure ?
- it should be in xml (I think for it is a robust, open, evolution-ready standard)
- it should have a standard version number in it (to allow for backward compatibility, as the structure will be able to evolve)
- it could be close to the model proposed by the emurse.com website (though I would plead to add just a field to describe the department of the company you worked in)
The whole standarisation process could take a couple of month but this will be setting resumes on the right XXIrst century rails…
ng your clients without this valuable stuff.....)
I've copied my entire first page. This is considered the "home" page where you will see all the latest "tweets" from people you are following. It's big stuff!
Now keep in mind - none of what I am posting is confidential in any way. Anyone can follow any of these users. Also - this is not to say whether these tweets are "good, bad or indifferent". Just an example of what you "might" experience "more often than not" when using Twitter.......
HR_Minion Into "Getting Things Done"? check out http://gtd.alltop.com/ and http://lifehacks.alltop.com/
1 minute ago from alltop
barbaraling Just found #coffeetime - can someone give me a brief explanation about it?
1 minute ago from twhirl
fallenrogue There is no one on 35 this morning.
2 minutes ago from Tweetie
markhneedham Retweeting @alanstevens: Blogged: A Culture of (Potential) Assholes: Sexual Harassment in IT http://is.gd/mRkV
3 minutes ago from twhirl
hoovers Inbox-fu: "Hero Worship" - Pretend you're your business hero (Buffett, Jobs,...) & review your inbox w/their eyes. #inboxfu
3 minutes ago from Blackbird
donaldturnbull Madoff faces life in prison on 11 criminal charges - http://tinyurl.com/byvsbw
3 minutes ago from TwitterFox
DarrylRMSG Time to head into the office. Have a great day everyone and be good.
4 minutes ago from web
hoovers Inbox-fu: "Root & Branch" - Sort by sender, find worst sources of autofluff (cc's, newsletters,...); delete en masse & unsubscribe. #inboxfu
6 minutes ago from Blackbird
JMaleckiRT @claudinerenee RT @kyleplacy and a ton of others - 5 Ways To Follow Good People On Twitter http://cli.gs/UM84GX
9 minutes ago from web
havrilla Happy Wednesday everyone!! Candidates, pimp your profile! RT @andyheadworth: Ten ways to use Facebook to find a job http://cli.gs/gd3juS
10 minutes ago from TweetDeck
quakeboy what would be the best unique way to earn with wordpress other than by blogging.. like theme creation/customization services etc.. anyother?
10 minutes ago from TwitterFox
Foodimentary Shortening is an edible fat used to 'shorten' baked goods; the more you use the the shorter the bread will be.
11 minutes ago from web
BrentO Yay, jet lag. Been up since 3am Pacific. Rehearsing my SSWUG Virtual Conference presentations, filming today. http://ping.fm/lqA3w
11 minutes ago from Ping.fm
tkmycall I'm at 1815 Connecticut Ave NW - http://bkite.com/05obR
11 minutes ago from Brightkite
DarrylRMSG There should be a Hash Tag Directory for Twitter. Can't keep up with all the #s out there.
12 minutes ago from web
DaveBenjamin @mollysly Thought and prayers go out to your Uncle.
14 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to mollysly
jasonwhitman New Candidate Source Tracking blog post - "Charging for Tracking Sucks" http://is.gd/mRo6
14 minutes ago from web
BrentO RT @baconbitsnbytes: [Blog] I Became a DBA To Meet Chicks: http://s3nt.com/dubg Okay, now that I got that initial lie out of the way...
14 minutes ago from TweetDeck
jbrinkman RT @alanstevens: Blogged: A Culture of (Potential) Assholes: Sexual Harassment in IT http://is.gd/mRkV
14 minutes ago from TweetDeck
DarrylRMSG Lottery bosses' car caper 'big mistake' http://tinyurl.com/c28t6p
15 minutes ago from web…