to accomplish great things, not only in school, but any other pursuit.
I can only imagine the number of hours he spent rehearsing and being coached prior to giving this presentation, demonstrating a level of commitment and a work-ethic that is becoming harder and harder to find in today’s society.
Additionally, as we all know, the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively is a key characteristic in all great leaders.
Hopefully this is not the last we hear from this future leader!…
iately think you are limiting diversity and inclusion. I have worked with many agency recruiters that espouse the characteristics you mentioned and with a few who have turned their competitiveness into a fault, stealing candidates from coworkers. I have also worked with recruiters who transitioned from engineering or finance roles or those who have spent their entire careers in corporate recruiting and there were good in bad in both lots. I think a broad perspective of experiences and backgrounds make the most successful teams.…
ams and Process Data Sheets in support of design projects
• Perform Heat and Material Balances for existing designs
• Develop Heat and Material Balance Simulations for New Designs
• Develop sizing of key process plant equipment including vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, pumps and other miscellaneous equipment
• Develop sizing tools and criteria of key process plant equipment
• Design and Understanding of process control logic and application of this to project design
• Develop an in depth understanding of the process being designed, understanding the relationships and tradeoff between key design variables and inputs
• Develop and optimize process plant configurations based upon project requirements
• Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the Company
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
• Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Provide technical field support in startup, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
Qualifications/Requirements• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Chemistry from an accredited university
• At least 3 additional years of experience in an engineering position
Characteristics• Bachelor or Master of Science in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
• At least 1 year of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: Heat transfer, thermodynamics, mass transfer, and fluid flow characteristics
• Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems…
to many of our favorite foods. Like many things I have read lately, the piece got me thinking about its appliability to the recruiting and search industry.
It is stated that Heinz has equal portions of our 5 senses of taste, which are: sweet and sour and salty and bitter and umami. So my question is, what would the perfect characteristic blend be for the "Ketchup of Recruiters?"…
lephone interview, is to have them write down five to six scenarios that answer behaviorally based questions. We ask them to focus on situations in which they had the opportunity to: problem solve, meet a goal, develop a solution, or deal with a difficult situation. We give them a list of targeted characteristics, values, and skills to highlight in their scenarios, which anticipate employer's section criteria. Scenario preparation can alleviate the uncomfortable feeling, and sometimes paralyzing stress, that can result from thinking on the spot. When candidates are ready to answer questions, they are more likely to demonstrate the qualities and strengths that the employer is looking for.…
ns background, skills, and individual characteristics. One person to filter. The same person to guess. The same person to decide all of the major decisions. Kind of like hiring a wedding planner.
What if that person has some biases? Against schools, the spelling of a name, the degree, the GPA, the commute, the type of font used on the resume, etc. etc. etc.
If I was the hiring Manager, I would want as many options that I could get my hands on. Unless of course I worked for the government.…
If you take proper briefs and produce great ads, you invariably don't have to go looking for candidates looking for a sideways move - and lets be honest here, that's the most common behavioural characteristic that so-called "passive candidates" share.
Here's some more on the same subject: