looking for ways to save $$$ or even just survive. One way they are doing so is by cutting back on T&D. After all, the really bright employees are recruited away. At whose expense? Exactly. So, in this sense organizations are limiting themselves from being "learning organizations." This is kind of a lose-lose situation, and recruiters are not helping businesses in this matter.
As for the term OD: A number of definitions for OD exist, but one that I like is Cummings and Worley's (2009), "Organization development is a system-wide application and transfer of behavioral science knowledge to the planned development, improvement, and reinforcement of the strategies, structures, and processes that lead to organization effectiveness." OD then is more closely related to Change and Strategic interventions than that of T&D. However, T&D can certainly be a part of OD, but not always. As recruiters we are brokers of OD, and therefore contribute to the use of OD practices rather than damage OD. I would say that OD has its own set of problems, and perhaps that could be a new post altogether.
I appreciate your post and the opportunity to discuss perspectives.…
t/Sales person to supplement our efforts.
- Identifying Job Orders (CONTRACT and DIRECT HIRE)
* Perfect scenario:
Thinking outside the box, considered…
- Find a lead
- Research the name of proper person to speak with
- Make brief initial call to confirm and qualify (person and/or position)
- Let them know that a Recruiting Consultant will follow up immediately
- Pass the information (Wash their hands, sit back and get paid)
- Allow for a Recruiting Consultant to fill and bill
- Paid commission upon close
* Ideal profile:
- Someone who likes speaking with people
- Does not mind making calls
- Looking for a strong compensation opportunity
- Desire to join a team that will drive results and support their efforts
- Autonomous in nature
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Works hard, appreciates the industry, ethical with good values
- Appreciates big picture mentality (visionary)
- 2 + years of Business Development - Selling CONTRACT (TEMPORARY) and DIRECT HIRE
- Excellent Communication Skills
No Recruiting Database access needed. Just internet and a phone. Can work from home.
This position will support the Recruitment efforts for CONTRACT (TEMPORARY) and DIRECT HIRE positions.
Needed for our Engineering, IT and Technical positions
If you interested please contact me directly. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
My direct phone number is (323) 273-6997.
GOAL Recruiting Group (www.goalrecruiting.com) is an energetic company dedicated to delivering recruitment and training solutions for both companies and business professionals throughout the country.
GOAL Recruiting Group
Managing Partner/Recruiting Consultant
(323) 273-6997 Direct
(866) 895-3082 Fax
driving goals...building teams!
Certified MBE / Small Disadvantaged Business
Member of MBDA/VMSDC
(703) 543-4000 (Office)
(703) 543-4030 (Fax)
(703) 629-0910 (Mobile)
Job # 18081
Architect II: 8+yrs developement; 4+yrs leading development team; experience with advanced system design techniques; experience with languages such as Design Patterns, Rational Rose, Java, J2EE, Weblogic, Websphere, HTML, EJB, Swing, JMS.
Documentum experience of at least 5 years.
Architect II performs architecture planning in support of key IT initiatives. The candidate focuses on requirements & design phases, supports development, testing, and issue escalation. The candidate manages and promotes use of IT standards, serves as subject matter expert to FNM projects and provides support for project team members. The candidate is required to lead a large team of developers, performs architecture designs and solves complex module and system level application issues.
„X Experience in Documentum design, configuration, development, bug-fixing, including:
o Documentum Foundation Classes, Web Development Kit, Java and XML;
o Administrator, Application Builder/Developer Studio, Workflows and Lifecycles
o Documentum¡¦s security and object model;
o Documentum Records Manager, Retention Policy Services to implement records management;
o End-to-end Documentum project lifecycle experience, including scoping requirements, analysis and design, and systems implementation.
„X Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which produce:
o The ability to effectively communicate the technical concepts in a business-friendly language;
o The ability to effectively translate business logic into technical specification to business.…
xpertise includes: Talent acquisition - recruitment and sourcing, employee retention, succession planning, training, organizational development, HR Metrics, coaching, performance management and personnel development.
Experience includes: Development of training programs, employee and labor relations, employment law, and benefits administration, development and administration of job descriptions, policies, compensation and incentive programs, etc.
CHOICEPOINT: Recruiting Manager, People Services
2007 – Present Alpharetta, GA
Conduct company-wide Talent Acquisition initiatives including: identification of needs, development of Talent Acquisition strategy and tactics.
• Work with leadership across ChoicePoint to understand the needs of the organization, and develop strategies to fill those needs.
• Directly recruit high-level and critical positions, including sourcing strategies for candidates etc.
• Coordinate recruiting efforts in remote offices, handled by recruiters. Report on status. And provide assistance in managing these efforts.
• Develop external recruiting sources through effective relationships with search firms, placement agencies, etc.
• Monitor critical metrics such as cost per hire, aging of requisitions, quality of hire, timeliness of hire, effective sourcing of candidates, etc.
Proactive search upon news of acquisition by Reed Elsevier and advanced feedback that the current recruitment structure will change due to redundancies etc.
Contract Work: Consultant, Talent Acquisition
2006 - 2007 Atlanta, GA
• Responsible for sourcing, identifying, and recruiting qualified candidates in the following management level positions: Director of Product Management, Director of Marketing, Legal Counsel, Area Sales Manager, Sales Support Manager, Product Manager, Knowledge Engineer, and Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
Performed contract consultant Talent Acquisition work on an interim basis during selective search for my next HR career opportunity.
LUFTHANSA CARGO AG: Senior Level Manager, Human Resources - The Americas
2002 - 2006 Atlanta, GA / Frankfurt, Germany
• Facilitated and delivered core programs for recruitment/sourcing (60% of time allocated to recruiting effort) recruiting metrics, leadership, and employee development.
• Implemented and revised HR development programs.
• Responsible for the creation of effective HR interventions and strategies that drove the success of the Sales and Production organizations.
• Conducted needs assessments, designed interventions and events, recommended solutions, and facilitated meetings that helped solve HR-related business problems within the organization.
• Conducted organizational development reviews related to 360 Degree Performance Assessments, Performance Management, and Conflict Resolution (Personality Assessments and Coaching).
• Managed organizational restructuring and training initiatives.
• Oversaw HR generalist activities, and developed compensation/incentive programs for organization.
Position transferred to East Meadow, NY; offered position and relocation, but due to personal and financial reasons took severance package to remain in the Atlanta area.
RECRUITER SOLUTIONS GROUP: Director, Recruitment
2001 – 2002 Atlanta, GA
• Provided Recruitment/Sourcing solutions to client companies by evaluating and reviewing the
sourcing/recruitment process and resources utilized.
• Developed new cost-effective recruitment strategies, systems and recruitment metrics, and incorporation of best practices methodology.
• Established College and University recruitment initiatives and programs.
• Assisted with internal firm activities, including business development and management of current client base as well as workload and requisition allocation to current staff.
TMP EXECUTIVE RESOURCING: Director, Candidate Sourcing
2000 – 2001 Atlanta, GA
• Developed new client business while managing existing client relationship and sourcing/recruitment process.
• Directed sourcing strategy, evaluated prescreened candidates, and closed searches with the client.
• Worked closely with candidate finalists and clients to negotiate compensation packages to suit both parties.
• Maintained communication with new hires to assure smooth transition/acclimation to position.
• Coordinated and managed internal team member (Recruiters and Project Analysts) workload and requisition allocation to meet project plan milestones and timelines.
• Monitored project expense budget to plan.
• Utilized recruiting metrics for top track-sourcing success.
Adverse business conditions necessitated corporate reductions in staff and my position was eliminated as of April 2001.
STAFFMARK: Director, Recruiting - Southeast Region
1999 – 2000 Atlanta, GA
• Responsible for management of strategic sourcing/recruitment initiatives, retention, succession/development planning, and facilitation of education programs for the Southeast Region, including development and supervision of region recruiting teams.
• Interfaced with customers, region management, and recruiting teams to determine current/future staffing needs and to develop recruitment/retention plans, consisting of networking, employee referral programs, Internet, advertising, College and University recruitment initiatives/programs, Department of Labor, military transition programs, and Job/Career fair planning.
• Enhanced alternative work arrangement program to attract and retain employees in highly competitive market.
• Measured recruiting success by tracking recruiting metrics as well as by developing and measuring effectiveness of quarterly recruiting plans; consistently reviewed results with team to strengthen and develop a best practices methodology.
• Provided strategic business analysis on target accounts for business development team.
Corporate Downsizing led to the elimination of Recruiting Organization.
TECH/AID CORPORATION: Manager, Accounts
1999 Atlanta, GA
• Managed corporate account development and sales for Atlanta market.
• Developed and maintained strong customer relationships in order to maintain customer satisfaction and accelerated account growth.
• Developed and implemented strategic target account plans.
• Interfaced with recruiting team to determine current staffing needs.
• Assisted with recruiting efforts by providing recruiting account analysis and client recruiting plans.
NORRELL SERVICES: Manager, Regional Recruiting
1997 – 1999 Atlanta, GA
• Managed regional sourcing/recruiting team that was responsible for sourcing/recruiting and facilitation of education programs for the Atlanta Metro market.
• Provided strategic business development and planning based on current and projected economic trends, positioning Norrell to meet the staffing needs of new and existing clients.
• Interfaced with customers, branch offices, and region management to determine current staffing needs and recruitment planning. Recruiting methods included the use of networking, employee referral programs, Internet, resume databases (Resumix), advertising, College and University recruitment initiatives/programs, Department of Labor, military transition programs and Job/Career fairs.
• Developed recruiting/account analysis and customized client recruiting plans.
• Managed the development of new behavioral interviewing process to enhance the selection of qualified candidates.
• Measured recruiting success by tracking recruiting source activity and effectiveness, retention/dropout rates, job satisfaction metrics and individual job suitability.
• Provided ongoing review of branch/employee/client operating structure for process improvement.
Left Norrell due to pending merger with Interim Services and advanced feedback that the Regional Manager of Recruiting position was to be phased out within 90 days.
Huntsville, AL 1988 - 1997
Technical Recruiter / HR Generalist - Federal Systems Division, UK Program, Mapping And Information System - 1993 - 1997
• Served as member of business development team that was responsible for foreign deployment direction, coordination, and technical recruiting.
• Teamed with Corporate HR in the development of foreign relocation policies and administration. of EEO policies.
• Responsible for training and development programs.
• Supported the development and administration of job descriptions and international wage, salary, tax, and benefits programs.
• Provided guidance to managers on conflict resolutions, interpretation of policies, and composing performance improvement plans.
• Responsible for staffing projection tracking and program event coordination, and assisted with program status briefings to customer.
Supervisor, Facilities and Special Events - 1988 - 1992
• Supervised six personnel in the areas of government furnished and overhead equipment management, facilities work requests, as well as courier and mail services.
• Coordinated catering, audio/visual presentations, and technical maintenance and upgrades to audio/visual equipment in support of all special events held in Intergraph's 300 seat auditorium.
Bachelor of Science - Personnel Psychology
Athens State College
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
• President of Roswell High Touchdown Club
• Volunteer Head Ice Hockey Coach - Roswell High School
• Volunteer Youth Baseball and Basketball Coach - Roswell Parks and Recreation
• Member of SHRM (Society for Human Resources Management)…