gh-level projects within our Research Technology group working with large amounts of financial data. The Technology Project Manager is responsible for working with Technology Managers to lead the development of robust applications that make our investment strategies a reality.
Responsibilities would include:
• Providing Leadership for a group of developers
• Quickly assessing development requirements and then establishing and enforcing a game plan
• Proactively identifying needs according to the business problem and organizing development, testing and integration
• Managing time lines, resources and vendor relations
It’s less about experience than ability. While technical knowledge in the financial application space is certainly a must it is also important that the candidate:
• 5-10 years experience
• Must have experience working with financial data
• Data modeling experience
• Vendor Management Experience: Statements of Work (SOW), Budgets and approvals on consulting, service level agreements (SLAs)
• Project Manager / Ownership of at least one project that was at least 1.5 years long
Degree in one of the following disciplines:
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, Philosophy, History
Experience on Master Reference Data project
Prior Consulting Experience (though we don’t want someone who’s entire career was as a consultant)
mic data warehouse team in a major financial institution to conduct the following major tasks:
· Design and implement various reporting applications for BI and compliance
· Create, maintain, and support data warehousing applications and processes.
· Performance tuning on report generation both in the application and in the database layer.
The potential candidate must have the following experience and skills.
· Extensive knowledge of software development life-cycle
· Proficient in databases development within Oracle and Sybase. Good SQL skill.
· Knowledge on Equity trading. Familiar with equity trading data analysis.
The following skills are strongly preferred:
· Scripting experience with UNIX shell and Perl
· Knowledge in C/C++, UNIX internals
· Job control and system monitoring tools such as Autosys and ITRS.
· BI and compliance reporting experience
· Data modeling and ER diagram
· Knowledge on financial instrument, market data and reference data.…
and business case development capabilities
4) Fluent in data management, data collection, analysis & validation
5) BS degree (PMP preferred) five plus years of experience; available 4 long term project
6) Green Card or US Citizen only please…