Time: August 5, 2009 from 6pm to 8pm
Location: CODE Lounge
Street: 4221 Dolphin Striker Way
City/Town: Newport Beach, CA
Website or Map: http://pinkslipmixers.com/cal…
Event Type: pink, slip, mixer
Organized By: Edwin Duterte / Andrew Watkins / Linda C. Flores
Latest Activity: Nov 9, 2009
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
This is a first of many for PinkSlipMixers.com… better organized events, free food, about a dozen recruiters and a huge handful of career counselors at our next PinkSlipMixers.com event…
Starting this month, each area will have volunteer local organizers. They will be making our events better by inviting hiring managers, engaging career counselors to offer free tips and finding corporations who are willing to sponsor our events.
Also, individual members will be more proactive by calling companies they want to work for to attend our events. Those members will be those company’s contact people… which gives higher visibility to get into that job. This will help the community because although that member will have first contact with the company, that recruiter will be attending our events to meet you too. It’s all about helping the community, albeit the members sometimes have to help themselves first.
For those who are looking forward to the PinkSlipMixers.com event for this Wednesday at Code Lounge in Newport Beach, here are a few special things that you can expect:
1) Robert Half International is bringing several recruiters who have job opening will be attending.
2) Volt Workforce Solutions will be bringing about a half dozen recruiters and they will be passing out sheets of job orders they need to fill.
3) Elite Technical Group, Inc. has asked even more recruiters in different industries to man the different industry tables.
4) In addition to being our “connectors” / “wingmen” to help you meet people in your industry, Diligent Finance Group will be on hand to answer any questions you have in regards to your 401k retirement accounts. We know you need to transfer your investments!
5) iT! Jeans will be giving away a free pair of jeans to the first 50 guests.
6) Code Lounge is giving drink tickets to the first few guests who arrive early.
7) Diligent Finance Group and other local businesses are sponsoring free appetizers to our guests.
8) We will have at least 5 career counselors to offer free resume critiques, interview tips and a few other job search recommendations.
9) We will have a Twitter Screen Feed. Remember to connect your twitter account to your cell phone and tweet out what the recruiters are looking for as well as other job seeker’s linked in web pages.
If you are not able to make the event in Newport Beach, dont worry! Our new community volunteers are calling recruiters and trying to organize in your area. If you want to help, please call me at 310-406-7992 or email me at email@example.com.
This is a community effort and together we can make these challenging times easier for each one of us.
Below are our next events with organizer contact info:
* Wednesday Aug. 5 – Code Lounge, Newport Beach – Edwin Duterte / Andrew Watkins
* Thursday Aug. 6 – Double Tree Hotel, Bakersfield – Edwin Duterte
* Monday Aug. 10 – South First Billiards, San Jose – Prasanth Padmanabhan
* Wednesday Aug. 19 – Melt Lounge, Palo Alto – Prasanth Padmanabhan
* Monday Aug. 24 – Tantalum, Long Beach - May Joe & Deb Peterson
* Tuesday Aug. 25 – Criterion Resources, Woodland Hills – Michelle Arevalo, Craig Inouye, Lindsay Baca
* Tuesday Aug. 26 – Bar Celona, Pasadena – Ed Berry, Roger Lopez
Linda C. Flores
Elite Technical Group, Inc.
Talent Acquisition Solutions for Today's Technology......
Sign up now to become a "fan" of Elite Technical Group on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter