I would like to know about the membership on RecruitingBlog.com. I am a corporate recruiter. My views toward a lot of topics will not be shared by those of you in the agencie world and I'm wondering how many of there are of both areas. Is there a place on this site to take polls of this nature?

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Howie you raise a good question. Understanding the demographics of our memebership is important and could improve communication between people and within groups.

As it happens, we have been looking at this and have something in the works, rolling out next week probably.

Stay tuned. I'll post an update here.
Howie - there are also a lot of corp recruiters on RB.com. It will be interesting to see the breakout from Amitai. Watch for a new feature coming soon called Talent Talk Cafe - target audience is corp recruiters and would welcome your participation. Great to have you on RB.com! Susan
Howie, Good afternoon. My observation on RBC is that there is a healthy mix of both TPRs and Corp Recruiters. You may be surprised, but there are many parralells and consistencies between our challenges. Things are coming full circle - trust me on that :) The game is changing and we need each other to be successful! :)

Josh
Oooh, I like this messaging Josh - we do need to find time to talk. Just getting back online and will reply to your email shortly.

Howie - I hope you're also beginning to see that this is a community where people are interested in and care about each other's success!
I guess I should have an answer for you but I don't. I'm working on it and part of it is that when I set this up, I did not put the right kind of questions in the member profiles. I should have some new ones early next week and will send a note to everyone that they should go and fill it all out. for now, you can go to Member Search and see what's there.
Wow, I must admit, I didn't realize I'd inspire so much conversation. You are right, agencies and Corp recruiters do have a lot in common....fill that job. Difference is I have to be very careful to maintain my credibility and agencies don't seem to concern themselves with what they send, just so long as it is near the target. See, I told you my views would be challenging. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to becoming an active member of this group. By the way, no offense meant TPR's amongst us. I believe in quality not quantity. Most if not all the TPRs on my Vendors listing are quality.....the talent pool is just not as plentiful as we all wished.
The profile questions have been been updated now. I think we'll probably tweak things over the next week or two as there are a couple of Ning-related challenges to overcome.

Jason and I thought it would be a good idea to slice and dice the data so that we can share interesting features of the community here. That will be coming down the pike too but we need to get a good number of people to update their profiles first.

Like all these things it's a work in progress so your feedback would be helpful.

Thanks...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service