There are a lot of things I really like about RecruitingBlogs.com There are a few things that bug me a little but the thing that I am going to be writing about below bothers me the most and it has to stop. I encourage members who feel that their time spent on RecruitingBlogs.com is being eaten up by what I am going to write below, please do let me know so I can see about it.

You have to stop messaging people with the same message to each person. It says that you don't care and that you're not smart and that you don't get the recruiting industry. It doesn't work that way out there and it doesn't work that way in here. I know it’s a social network and that is why most things go but time wasting with valueless introductions can’t be tolerated over and over again. It's a complete waste of time to leave someone you don't know a message on RecruitingBlogs.com about something of no value.

Please stop leaving comments to all of the pretty ladies telling them that you like their pictures. I like lots of those pictures too but you don't see me leaving comments talking about what they look like and you don't see anybody I do business with or those I respect and look up to doing business that way.

Here is another hint. If you're a guy and your friendslist is made of up 99% women - that becomes your profile. The reverse is also true.

I am trying really hard to make RecruitingBlogs.com into something that is going to be something. I don't make everyone happy all of the time and I sometimes don't get to things that I say I am going to get to but I don't use RecruitingBlogs.com as a low end piece of shit sourcing and promotional tool for my business.

Thanks for letting me vent. I hope you don’t find it a waste of your time.

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David... I disagree. The whole point is to look at this as deeply as possible so that a solution can be developed. My impression of this community has always been that it is a "two way street". To close it would make it one-way.

Personally, I believe that community standards can be set..... a generalized model of accepted behavior. Then, if the community has accepted it as a whole... each member can help police the community. Call it an online "neighborhood watch" program. In this way, members can be held to standards they have agreed to. Those standards can serve the needs of many. It just requires imagination and creativity to work up the "rules" of the game. We all know there are consequences when we break the rules. But, if we don't know the rules... we resent the community when we are held accountable for something which was presumed instead of agreed to.

Just my thoughts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service